Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- DurationThree days
Standalone Short Course fee - £1,750
Short Course for Credit fee - £1,050
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- Identify how defence capability contributes to UK defence and security policy,
- Examine how technology contributes to acquiring of defence capability and how it is managed,
- Assess the effectiveness of the defence enterprise with respects to the development and acquisition of defence capability.
The course will cover the following topics:
- From Policy to Operations – defence and security in the UK,
- A global phenomenon – the international view,
- UK acquisition and reform,
- Current and future needs and drivers,
- Enabling defence and security technology,
- Beyond technology and people – an introduction to capability engineering,
- Integrated partnerships or reluctant bedfellows? - the UK defence and security enterprise,
- National and international case studies.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Find out more about short course credit points.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.