Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
This course is intended for practicing scientists, engineers and management personnel of all disciplines. It aims to give a broad understanding of the basis of intelligent systems including an awareness of the nature of problems in which such systems can be exploited.
At a glance
- 22 - 26 Jan 2024
- Duration5 days
- Cost£1,925 Concessions available
Course structureThe course includes a number of practicals and demonstrations designed to supplement the lectures and present an overview of the current state-of-the-art.
- application areas of intelligent systems,
- intelligent system architecture,
- knowledge engineering and control,
- languages used in expert systems,
- Bayesian interference,
- fuzzy logic,
- decision support systems,
- introduction to CLIPS (a tool to develop expert systems),
- introduction to SOAR (a unified architecture for developing intelligent systems).
Upgrade to a professional qualification
When taken as a Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards the Defence and Security (Technology) MSc, Defence Simulation and Modelling MSc or the Military Operational Research MSc. Find out more about short course credit points.
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available
There are limited places on these modules. You may not receive an offer until places have been confirmed, usually 1 to 2 weeks before the start date.
How to apply
To apply for this course please use the online application form.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.