This Module can only be taken as a Short Course for Credit. For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
Due to the nature of the subject matter in this Module, security clearance may be required.
This module will enable students to gain an understanding of threat detection and management at the macro and micro levels. It will develop both the knowledge of strategic business continuity management and introduce practical approaches to identifying, triaging and responding to threats and attacks.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days face to face learning (with additional distance learning to be completed during 7 weeks)
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
- Cost£1,350 - Short Course for Credit fee Concessions available
Course structureThe course will be delivered using compulsory residential activities, including lab work, and supported by online activities.
What you will learn
- understand the construction of evidence preservation procedures,
- analyse, select and justify appropriate responses to detected intrusions.
- formulate the assumptions and requirements for developing a business continuity strategy, critically analyse, design and select appropriate technical solutions and processes for the identification, triage and response to cyber-attacks and threats.
- the role of the security operations centre,
- intrusion detection methods and tools.
- intrusion management,
- intrusion analysis, monitoring and logging,
- evidence preservation
- backup management,
- disaster recovery techniques,
- business continuity management,
- stakeholder management.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
After successful completion of this Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards the Cyber Defence and Information Assurance MSc and the Cyberspace Operations MSc.
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
Students must have successfully completed Foundations of Cyber in order to take this as a Short Course for Credit.
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.