Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
- Establish and reaffirm a baseline of student knowledge and understanding of the fundamental principles of project and programme management;
- Introduce key principles, processes, tools and techniques underpinning project and programme management;
- Raise awareness of the published Bodies of Knowledge, methods and other guidance, the need to challenge and the opportunity to improve;
- Establish links and ‘carry-overs’ to future modules.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Cost£1,310 - Short Course for Credit fee
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
Knowledge & Understanding:
- Evaluate the basic theoretical concepts that underpin effective project management and its links to programme management
- Assess the relationship between business strategies, portfolios, programmes and projects
Skills and Other Attributes:
- Appraise project management tools and techniques, and be aware of their intelligent application and limitations
- Assess appropriate use of a range of ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills to a variety of project scenarios
- Evaluate what is meant by appropriate governance in project and programme management and be able to define the responsibilities of key players
- Project, programme & portfolio management concepts
- Bodies of Knowledge & Methodologies (APM, PRINCE2, P2M, PMI, MSP, MoP)
- Life Cycle, principles & processes
- Business Case & Investment Appraisal
- Budgeting & Cash Flow
- Earned Value Management
- Project and Programme Organisation Structures & Roles
- Estimating & Risk Management
- Multi-cultural Management
- Role of the Project / Programme Support Office
Upgrade to a professional qualification
When taken as a Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards the Defence and Security Programme - Leadership and Management MSc
Find out more about short course credit points.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.