Through introducing key Information Systems concepts such as core vocabulary, modelling and associated technology, this Module for Credit prepares students for further study in the field of Information Capability Management.
For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
What you will learn
On successful completion of the module you will be able to:
- appraise the key academic concepts and language of current IS foundation knowledge, research and practice.
- critically evaluate published research,
- conduct independent research,
- write academically credible and professional reports.
- course structure and the information profession,
- information systems overview,
- enabling technologies overview,
- information systems modelling,
- research methods, learning and study skills.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
After successful completion of this Accredited Short Course, 10 credit points can be put towards the Information Capability Management MSc.
Find out more about short course credit points.
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Location and travel
Cranfield Defence and Security (CDS) is a Cranfield School based at the Ministry of Defence establishment on the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire borders.
Shrivenham itself lies in the picturesque Vale of the White Horse, close to the M4 motorway which links London and South Wales. It is 7 miles from Swindon, the nearest town, which lies off the M4 at the hub of Britain’s motorway network.
Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol and Oxford are all within an hour’s drive and London less than two hours away by car.
All visitors must be pre-booked in at reception by the person they are visiting on the campus.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.