This module details the analysis of garments and the place of clothing in material history and forensic investigation. It provides a series of case studies that discuss the development of clothing analysis in criminal investigation and the growth of fibre analysis over garment analysis. A microscopy lab session will look at different fibre types and damage patterns.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield campus
Course structureLectures, Group Work, Practical, Blended learning
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Construct a comprehensive forensic strategy that details garment analysis
- Evaluate the historical context and development of garment analysis.
- Assess a range of fabric types using macro and micro indicators.
- Differentiate between a range of damage and degradation alterations in fabrics.
- Categorise a range of garments using standardised nomenclature.
- Fibre types
- Fabric types
- Garment types
- Microscopic fabric identification
- Macroscopic fabric identification
- Damage and degradation interpretation
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Location and travel
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.