For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
Through covering topics such as emerging hardware, software, communication technologies and associated ICT products, this Module will enable you to provide an on-going assessment of their relevance and potential value to the organisation.
At a glance
- 10 Jan - 13 May 2022
- DurationOnline learning
£1,310 - Short Course for Credit fee
What you will learnOn successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- appraise emerging technologies,
- evaluate emerging technology that are likely to impact on national security and defence in the next five years,
- contrast the methods available for identifying and managing the risks and benefits of the use of emerging technology.
- exploit emerging technologies in relevant working practices,
- compare and contrast emerging information technologies appropriate to a particular scenario in order to assess potential business benefit.
Generic methods and tools:
- horizon scanning,
- predictive methods,
- strategic assessment of new technologies,
- maintaining personal awareness.
- a selection of currently relevant technologies will be studied.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
After successful completion of this Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards either the Cyber Defence and Information Assurance MSc, Cyberspace Operations MSc, Information Capability Management MSc or Defence and Security (Technology) MSc.
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at military and civilian staff who are likely to be involved with cyber, digital strategy and dynamic roles within technology based roles.
ConcessionsA limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Location and travel
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.