This module addresses the discipline of forensic ecology, providing a foundation in the forensic science specialisms of botany, soil science, palynology, entomology and diatoms studies. It provides examples of their investigative contexts of operation, representative sampling at crime scenes, examinations of tools and vehicles, and forms of analysis.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield campus
Course structureLectures, Group Work, Practical, Blended learning
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Evaluate the strategic importance of a broad range of ecological evidence types.
- Construct a comprehensive forensic strategy that integrates ecological sampling
- Complete ecological sampling.
- Assess the potential value of data generated by ecological evidence analysis.
- Diatom Analysis
- Soils Analysis
- Case studies
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Accommodation options and prices
Location and travel
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.