Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
.To develop a systematic understanding of institutions and processes of diplomacy, regional integration and global governance thus enabling participants to evaluate the dynamics of conflicts and to determine feasible methods of resolution.
At a glance
- 11 - 15 Jan 2021
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield campus
£670 - Accredited Short Course Fee
£350 per/day - Standalone Short Course Fee
What you will learn
On successful completion of the course you will be able to:
• Identify the historical and contemporary conditions in which particular diplomatic processes and strategies can be assessed
• Assess major humanitarian and political issues through the application of knowledge of diplomacy
• Model the evolution of conflicts using relevant data, concepts and models
• Recognise existing mechanisms for conflict prevention and resolution and evaluate and appraise their limitations
• Critically evaluate different peace processes
• Draw conclusions and communicate policy-relevant recommendations for conflict transformation and resolution, individually and by working with others
• Validate extant theories and practices of conflict prevention
• Identify and select preventive measures and means for the non-violent resolution of conflicts
• Develop and explain conflict prevention plans
• Diplomatic theory and practice,
• Conflict dynamics and conflict typology,
• Case study analysis of different regional conflicts and peace processes,
• Theories and practices of peacekeeping,
• Developing a conflict prevention plan and the preventive measures matrix.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
After successful completion of this course 10 credits can be put towards the Counterterrorism MSc or Counterterrorism, Risk Management and Resilience MSc
Cranfield credits are available for this short course which you can put towards selected Cranfield degrees. Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.