For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
Digital Business Strategy will equip you with the knowledge and skills to develop or review an Information System (IS), Information Technology (IT) and Digital Business Strategy, in order to support an organisation’s business goals and the development of plans to drive forward and manage that strategy within an organisational, professional and legislative framework.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days face to face learning (with additional distance learning to be completed during 7 weeks)
- Cost£1,350 - Short Course for Credit fee Concessions available
Course structureThe module has an initial distance learning component, lasting three weeks, which will provide students with the background knowledge and understanding required for the course. The taught phase of the module, lasting 5 days, will contain a mixture lectures, research case studies and group working.
What you will learn
- Formulate Digital Business Strategy and plans appropriate to a particular organisation and its environment,
- appraise issues relating to the implementation and maintenance of Digital strategy,
- justify in terms of organisational business benefit strategies for the management of information and applications.
- Analyse and refine organisational strategy and policy for a selected organisation in order to identify the core competencies to be supported by Digital Strategy,
- align organisational business and IS/IT strategy for a selected organisation such that the IS/IT strategy supported the business objectives.
- strategy and strategic IS in context,
- digital business strategy,
- strategic analysis,
- strategy development,
- analytical tools,
- IS and strategy alignment.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
After successful completion of this Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards the Information Capability Management MSc.
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
Students must have successfully completed Foundations of Information Systems in order to take this as a Short Course for Credit .
- Dr Truth Lumor
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Location and travel
Some Cranfield University short courses are delivered at the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom, Shrivenham which is a Ministry of Defence (MoD) site. All applicants to courses that are wholly or partially delivered at Shrivenham, must hold a security clearance to UK Government’s Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) level or higher.
Applicants who do not hold this level of security will be asked to complete a BPSS clearance application, if attending for more than 10 days in any one year. If attending for less than 10 days in any one year, the BPSS clearance will not be required, but the completed short course application form will be passed to the MoD for vetting.
This information will be returned by the MoD to Cranfield University after checks are completed and copies will not be retained by the MoD. BPSS checks may involve confirmation of the following:
- Identity (such as photo ID)
- Nationality, including Dual and immigration status
- Employment/academic history (covering the past three years)
- Criminal record (unspent convictions only).
This process may be revised from time to time dependent on national security requirements. For more details, please consult the BPSS Guidance. It will take additional time to process your BPSS clearance application once you have completed your course application.
PLEASE NOTE: The MoD has ultimate discretion over admission to the Shrivenham site. If you are not able to access the Shrivenham site because of a failure to meet security clearance requirements, your application to attend the short course will be declined.
How to apply
To apply for this course please use the online application form.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.