This will introduce students to the disciplines of organisational behaviour applied to the defence sector, and to enable them to analyse the structure and culture of defence, to identify possible dysfunction or conflict, and to identify appropriate corrective action.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration3 days
What you will learn
The aim of this course is to introduce you to the disciplines of organisational behaviour, as they apply within the defence sector.
Knowledge and Understanding
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Evaluate the available literature concerning group behaviours within the context of their implications,
- Critically discuss a range of theories relating to the structure, culture and power relations.
Participants will be given the skills necessary to:
- Assess the dynamics of a working group and its environment to inform their own input for the purposes of leading that group,
- Analyse the structure and culture of defence, to identify possible dysfunction or conflict, and to identify appropriate corrective action,
- Recognise organisational barriers to effective decision-making and planning in defence and devise techniques to overcome them.
- The history and contemporary developments in the structure and organisation of defence in particular the MOD but also the defence supply base
- The nature of groups, group performance and cohesiveness; situational factors in human behaviour
- Organisational culture; power and resistance in organisations; organisational structures and design; organisational decision making.
How to apply
To apply for this course please use the online application form.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.