Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
Decision Analysis and Support will teach you how to deal with complex problems using a range of techniques that enable auditability and traceability of decisions.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
Short Course for Credit fee - £1,050
Course structureSynchronous and asynchronous VLE content, enabling academic input; student peer feedback and student self-assessment quizzes. This is supported with lectures and podcasts.
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- Distinguish between different decision types and their relationship to uncertainty and risk;
- Describe cognitive bias and its impact on decision making;
- Construct a range of models to represent decision situations and support decision making;
- Explain the role of trade-off and its impact on decision making and outcome;
- Evaluate a range of models and their suitability for different problem types.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Approaches to dealing with uncertainty and risk,
- The role of trade-off and managing conflicting objectives,
- Representing and navigating complexity,
- Exploring cognitive bias and it impact on decision making.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Find out more about short course credit points
Dr Ken McNaught (Module Leader)
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.