For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
£1,310 - Short Course for Credit fee
What you will learn
- Critically evaluate theories of criticality and interdependence in the context of security planning,
- Appraise the current state of best practice in network and security operations management in the security context,
- Assess the factors that facilitate or prevent effective risk management of interdependent systems in the context of critical national,.
- Summarise the cyber risks associated with Internet of Things (IoT) devices and wider IoT ecosystems.
- Using appropriate frameworks evaluate the extent to which cyber risks of essential functions are managed effectively within the context of national infrastructure.
Critical national infrastructure
- Definitions and approaches to classifying national infrastructure and critical national infrastructure
- The global, national and organisational view of national infrastructure
- Frameworks for identifying and managing cyber risk in critical national infrastructure
Cyber Physical Systems
- Characteristics of cyber-physical systems and the inherent security and privacy concerns
SCADA and OT
- The differences between OT and IT
- The technical and socio-technical elements to managing the cyber risk of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems
IoT and smart technologies
- IoT devices and wider supporting ecosystems
- Frameworks to support the identification and management of cyber risk associated with the Internet of Things deployed in smart homes, smart cities and smart grids.
- How critical networks are targeted to deliver strategic outcomes by malicious actors
- Links to the strategic context.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
Students must have completed Foundations of Cyber in order to take this as a Short Course for Credit.
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Location and travel
Cranfield Defence and Security (CDS) is a Cranfield School based at the Ministry of Defence establishment on the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire borders.
Shrivenham itself lies in the picturesque Vale of the White Horse, close to the M4 motorway which links London and South Wales. It is 7 miles from Swindon, the nearest town, which lies off the M4 at the hub of Britain’s motorway network.
Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol and Oxford are all within an hour’s drive and London less than two hours away by car.
All visitors must be pre-booked in at reception by the person they are visiting on the campus.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.