For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days face to face learning (with additional distance learning to be completed during 7 weeks)
£1,310 - Short Course for Credit fee
What you will learn
- Critically evaluate theories of criticality and interdependence in the context of security planning,
- Appraise the current state of best practice in network and security operations management in the security context,
- Assess the factors that facilitate or prevent effective risk management of interdependent systems in the context of critical national,.
- Summarise the cyber risks associated with Internet of Things (IoT) devices and wider IoT ecosystems.
- Using appropriate frameworks evaluate the extent to which cyber risks of essential functions are managed effectively within the context of national infrastructure.
Critical national infrastructure
- Definitions and approaches to classifying national infrastructure and critical national infrastructure
- The global, national and organisational view of national infrastructure
- Frameworks for identifying and managing cyber risk in critical national infrastructure
Cyber Physical Systems
- Characteristics of cyber-physical systems and the inherent security and privacy concerns
SCADA and OT
- The differences between OT and IT
- The technical and socio-technical elements to managing the cyber risk of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems
IoT and smart technologies
- IoT devices and wider supporting ecosystems
- Frameworks to support the identification and management of cyber risk associated with the Internet of Things deployed in smart homes, smart cities and smart grids.
- How critical networks are targeted to deliver strategic outcomes by malicious actors
- Links to the strategic context.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
Students must have completed Foundations of Cyber in order to take this as a Short Course for Credit.
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.