This course will explore the connection between corruption and security and explore approaches to building integrity in public and not-for profit organisations.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
CostShort Course for Credit - £860
Standalone Course - £1,490
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- Examine scope of BI and its role in institution building.
- Appreciate linkage between organisational culture and behaviour in BI.
- Explain role of strategic leadership in organisational transparency and integrity.
- Explore sources of fraud and corruption in public and third sectors.
- Develop contextual approaches to building integrity in organisations
The course will cover the following topics:
- Parliamentary oversight;
- Anti-corruption, fraud and integrity policies;
- Specialised Anti-Corruption bodies;
- Organisational culture, behaviour and conflict of interest;
- Freedom of access to information;
- Internal and external audits;
- Ombudsman institutions;
- Public procurement cycle and asset disposal;
- Corruption in human resources management.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
After successful completion of this Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards the Leadership and Security Pathway of the Defence and Security Programme (Leadership and Management) MSc
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.