This course will be delivered in collaboration with our industrial partners and members of the Agrifood Industrial Advisory Panel. Read more Read less
At a glance
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield campus
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and describe the different managerial roles and related tasks within different food production businesses from different sectors,
- Critically assess the main industrial challenges presented by the industrial speakers,
- Appraise the importance of Intellectual Property and its protection in a food production environment,
- Evaluate different industrial strategies in the context of the UN SDGs,
- Demonstrate the ability to participate in the current discourse with regard to food production by thinking, arguing and criticizing the different industrial situations presented during the module using the acquired knowledge systemically and conceptually,
- Develop a pitch for an innovative business idea.
This course explores current and future challenges that different sectors of the food chain are facing. The content will thus be flexible and 50% of content will depend on the different speakers. On the other hand, some common areas will be covered including:
- Intellectual property and food business,
- Potential career paths after finishing an MSc,
- Product development and process improvement,
- Innovation in the food industry,
- UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs),
- Pitching innovative business ideas.
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Location addressCranfield University
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.