Introduction to the key aspects of supply chain management critical to improving the overall resilience of the global food supply network.
At a glance
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield campus
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you will be able to (in the context of Food & Beverage networks):
- Assess the impact of different SC strategies on the competitive strategy in the Food and Drinks industry,
- Categorise the interface with a firm’s suppliers to improve the visibility and alignment across the SC,
- Design a successful collaborative initiative through the use of frameworks and tools,
- Examine the challenges around managing sustainable supply chains,
- Evaluate the risk inherent in the SC through the application of tools and techniques learnt.
- SC strategy and concepts,
- Sustainable SC management,
- SC risk identification and mitigation,
- Procurement strategy,
- Supplier relationship management,
- Quality management,
- SC collaboration approaches and types of partnerships.
SpeakersDr Denyse Julien
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Location addressCranfield University
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.