This course provides an overview of important concepts in statistics and exploratory data analysis.Read more Read less
The course introduces the main concepts in analysing biological datasets using the R environment, as well developing bespoke scripts for multivariate analysis such as principal component analysis and hierarchical clustering.
At a glance
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield campus
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- Devise basic R programs to meet given specifications,
- Critically assess the basic principles of different statistical techniques and be able to implement them programmatically and effectively integrate and devise statistical methods into experimental protocol design,
- Apply different data pre-processing techniques,
- Describe the difference between univariate and multivariate analysis,
- Apply exploratory data analysis using unsupervised multivariate analysis methods.
- Introductory statistics – averages, variance and significance testing,
- Data pre-processing techniques,
- Exploratory data analysis (PCA, HCA),
- An introduction to R.
Upgrade to a professional qualificationCranfield credits are available for this short course which you can put towards selected Cranfield degrees. Find out more about short course credit points
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Location addressCranfield University
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.