Data integration represents a major challenge for bioinformatics research. Read more Read less
This course covers the most popular data management, integration and visualisation tools within the bioinformatics community as well as the main concepts of databases design and normalization.
At a glance
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield campus
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- Utilise systems software for the visualisation of systems and system interactions,
- Critically apply available tools for data integration,
- Design, normalise and implement databases for experimental datasets,
- Develop critical awareness of the main data standards protocols for systems biology,
- Discover systems relationships between data using bioinformatics tools and approaches.
- Introduction to Systems Biology,
- Genome Scale modelling,
- Systems Biology data standard protocols,
- Database design and normalisation,
- Introduction to interaction networks,
- Data Integration and visualisation.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Cranfield credits are available for this short course which you can put towards selected Cranfield degrees. Find out more about short course credit points.
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.