This course provides an introduction to the broad field of driving psychology and examines the contribution of individual differences and biological influences to behaviour relevant to the driving task. Read more Read less
The course also examines how these factors interact with our social environment and identifies the psychological conditions which promote human error and road traffic crashes.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration2 days
- Cost£550 Concessions available
Course structureCombination of presentations, practical examples and case studies. All delegates receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of the course. This course will be delivered online through MS Teams.
What you will learn
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the factors which promote human error
- Describe how individual differences influence driving behaviour
- Outline how psychology can be used to explain, predict and address driver behaviour.
This short course presents a detailed overview of the driver psychology area. The topics covered include:
- What is traffic psychology and how can it help reduce risk?
- Human characteristics and capabilities and how these relate to driving behaviour
- Personality, emotions and driving behaviour
- Human error and crash involvement
- Circadian rhythms, sleep and driving
- Stress and coping
Who should attend
This course will benefit organisations and practitioners responsible for the management and training of drivers. The course would be extremely useful for insurance personnel, fleet managers, health and safety practitioners and driver trainers.
20% discount for Cranfield Alumni.
10% discount when registering 3 or more delegates, from the same organisation at the same time.
Accommodation fees are not included in the discount scheme. Please ask about our discount scheme at time of booking.
Accommodation options and pricesThis course will be delivered online.
Location and travelThis course will be delivered online.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.