Cranfield’s Bioenergy and Resource Management Centre has a dynamic team that works alongside leading industrial and academic bioenergy and waste management partners to deliver high quality research, teaching, design and consultancy. Read more Read less
The team strives to overcome the challenges in managing waste and biomass as valuable resources. Our expertise lies in:
- Waste and biomass characterisation;
- Waste and recycling technologies;
- Composite and polymer recycling and remanufacturing;
- Energy from waste;
- Energy recovery from waste biomass and biomass grown on contaminated land (phytoremediation);
- Upcycling of materials from enhanced landfill mining;
- Bio-oil production and upgrading;
- Catalysis of synthetic gases and fuels;
- High pressure engineering and supercritical fluid technology;
- Industrial biotechnology;
- Process modelling and simulation.
Our research focuses on a range of strategic inter-related activities. The Centre has internationally renowned expertise and is in a leading position to provide solutions for industry to produce affordable and sustainable resource management and bioenergy production for the future.
We combine a wealth of industrial and research expertise with resources from Cranfield’s other complimentary institutes and facilities, as well as drawing on our external industrial partners.
Our work is funded from a range of sources such as EPSRC, EU H2020, Innovate UK, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and a number of industrial partners from across the globe.