Gift Aid is a government scheme that allows charities like Cranfield to claim back the basic rate tax that donors have already paid on the money they donate. It makes a great difference to us and doesn’t cost you anything.
For example, if you are a UK taxpayer for every pound you donate as an individual, we can reclaim 25% (based on tax year 2020/21) from HM Revenue and Customs. So a £100 donation made under Gift Aid is worth £125 to Cranfield. Gift Aid can apply to donations of any amount, large or small, made by cash, cheque, standing order, debit or credit card.
It’s a great way to make your gift go further – and only takes a minute to set up.
To claim Gift Aid on your donation, we need your permission
If you are eligible, please make sure you sign the Gift Aid declaration on the donation form to give us permission to claim Gift Aid on your donation.
Visit the HMRC website to find out more about Gift Aid.
Benefits to Cranfield
- We can receive an extra 25p for every £1 you donate, and it doesn’t cost us anything.
- If you have donated in the past four years, or will in the future, we can claim back the tax on that too.
- We can use this extra money to make your support go further, it all adds up.
Benefits to you
- You just need to make a declaration once, and we will be able to claim on all your donations.
- You know you are giving extra support to Cranfield with your gift at no extra cost to you.
- Higher rate taxpayers can claim further relief on their gifts via their self assessment tax return. Please contact HMRC for more information on how to do this.