Internships and student projects enable students to acquire skills, that cannot be learned in the classroom environment, while employers can obtain access to low-cost labour and reduced recruitment costs. They provide students with the opportunity to gain invaluable practical experience in a real working environment, deepen their management and technical knowledge, and gain insight into a business sector.
The benefits of hiring a Cranfield student for an internship or student project include:
- Helping to solve a short-term staff shortage, skills gap or vacancy.
- Injecting fresh ideas, knowledge and up-to-date theoretical concepts into a business.
- Adding value and earnings to an organisation through high-quality, reflective and analytical thinkers - who are motivated and willing to get involved.
- Allowing organisations to test talented individuals who you may wish to recruit.
- Building international business networks and country-specific market intelligence through international students.
The student project or internship can be customised to fit your current business needs, should be based on a live business issue and should take place between June and August 2023.
“The student brings fresh ideas, excellent education, the latest management models/frameworks – all this goes a long way to improve motivation as it’s invariably a refreshing experience to work with one of these guys.”
Richard Brooks (MBA 2005, BGP 2013), CEO, K-International Ltd
Our students are currently looking for internship projects relating to their end-of-year thesis. Previous projects have included:
- Researching and analysing overseas business opportunities
- Implementing business change
- Resolving HR issues
In the past students have worked with a variety of multinational organisations, as well as SMEs and start-ups across a wide range of industries including:
- Finning (UK & Ireland) Ltd
- Briteyellow Limited
- Contact Engine Limited
- Transport Systems Catapult
- Deloitte LLP
- K-International Limited
- Marks & Spencer PLC
- Orange Business Services Limited
- Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited
- Skanska UK PLC
“I had a wonderful enlightening experience during my internship with TUI Aviation at Luton. Every day was challenging and fun, and everyone at TUI was helpful and keen to share their knowledge and experience with me. My internship supervisor guided me in every possible way and made sure that the internship was exciting and memorable. Within the three month period I was with them I completed five assignments for the company. The final day concluded with a presentation to the whole TUI Supply Chain Department, which I thoroughly enjoyed.” Devipriya Madalaimuthu (MSc Management 2019)
Interested in hosting an internship for an MBA or Management MSc student?
Visit the internship web page to find out more, or if you or your organisation would like to discuss how a Cranfield student could help you, please get in touch with the Internships and Projects Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can call +44 (0)1234 758190.