Here is your monthly summary of some of the successes of Cranfield alumni:
- Fergus Drake (MBA 2004), CEO of the not-for-profit international development organisation Crown Agents, has been awarded an OBE for his role in leading a mobilisation that has shipped over 33 million Covid-19 vaccines, and thousands of medical supplies to Ukraine's devastated health system.
- Shukhrat Sadyrov (MSc Finance and Management 2007) heads Solva's board of directors
- Winnie Byanyima (MSc Energy Conservation 1988) highlighted in the WOW2 ‘January’s Women Trailblazers and Activists’ – an online blog honouring women of achievement
- Michael Savage (MSc Aerodynamics 1977) obituary has been shared
- James Vowles (MSc Motorsport Engineering and Management 2001) mentioned in an article ‘everything you need to know about the former Mercedes man turned Williams team principal’
- Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan (MSc Applied Remote Sensoring 1991) mentioned in an opinion piece about his journey to becoming 14th President of the Nigerian Senate and Chairman of the Ninth National Assembly (also featured here)
- James Mitchell (MBA 2009) appointed as Specialist Advisor to the Builders Merchants Federation (BMF) Board
- Antonio Caraballo (MSc Offshore and Ocean Technology 2011) appointed as director of ICR Integrity, a global provider of specialist repair, inspection and integrity solutions
- James Vowles (MSc Motorsport Engineering and Management 2001) has been named as Williams F1’s new team principal
- Steve Collar (International Business Management 1997) has been named in the top 100 most influential economic decision-makers in Luxembourg in 2022.
- Jose Crespo de Carvalho has written a piece ‘The purpose that kills us’ talking about how finding purpose has become fashionable and his thoughts on how it affects our mental wellbeing.
- Pietrick Voyer (MSc Airport Planning and Management 2014) appointed as new director of operations of Grantley Adams International Airport (GAIA) Inc.
- Christian Kanu (MBA 2001) has been appointed CEO of Generali Global Corporate & Commercial (GC&C) also mentioned here and here
- Katarzyna (Kate) Ledwoch (MSc Biofuels Process Engineering 2013) has joined Genesis Biosciences as a senior scientist to support the development of its extensive eco-friendly microbial product range
- Maria Peniche Luna (MSc Food Systems and Management 2022) talks about how Cranfield helped her understand her role in a new global green economy and develop her skills and knowledge to lead the change and make immediate impact since joining Syngenta’s graduate programme.
- Syed Shah (EMBA 2013) and his wife tell the story of Harry Specters, a chocolatier that has helped more than 300 autistic people through free work experience, training and paid employment.
- Yashwanth Bandari (PhD School of Applied Sciences 2014) has joined FasTech as Director of Business Development.
- Jaime Martin Lozano (MSc Astronautics and Space Engineering 2021) who co-founded JELLYSPACE, an easy-to-use, global collaboration platform making space technology accessible to all, discusses how space travel and the space industry can improve our lives here on earth.
- Tetsuya Kubo (MBA 2006), Chief Director, Digital Design Lab, Future Creation Office, ANA Holdings met Masaru Saito to talk about the future of travel innovation.
- Arif Ghouse (MSc Air Transport 1990) has been named as SEA Airport’s new Chief Operating Officer, assuming the role on 21 February. Also mentioned here.
- Charan Sekhon (MSc Energy Conservation and the Environment 1997), Founder Chairman of charity SEVA Trust UK, has collected his MBE from King Charles for services to charity, diversity and the environment, particularly during Covid-19. Also mentioned here.
- Tim Chapman (MSc Innovation and Design for Sustainability 2009), managing director at Hickman Shearer, will be leading a session at the RICS Valuation Conference on 21 February 2023 centred around the impact that climate change has on capital asset valuations.
- Gloria Tiwet (MSc Global Security 2009) has been named as one of the ten new Heads of Diplomatic Mission of Malaysia.
- Jose Crespo de Carvalho (Executive Development 2005) has written an article titled ‘Why should anyone be led by you?’ highlighting the 4 essential qualities of a good leader.
- Haris Raza shares his thoughts on how to understand and manage ecosystems of the future in the TechTimes.
- Jumoke Akande (MBA 2005) has been appointed as Chief Marketing Officer at Avanti Communications, a satellite technology company across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Martin Reeves (MBA 1989) is a guest on the consulting success podcast giving insight on the principles of the consulting craft.
- Libby Jackson (MSc Astronautics and Space Engineering 2003) talks about how she became the UK’s head of space exploration.
- Konstantin Tarasov (Exec MSc Air Transport Management 2017) and his wife share how they’ve aided the Ukrainian war effort after nurses in Kyiv saved Konstantin’s life when he fell ill with covid.
- Dimitrios Zaires (MSc Executive Logistics and Supply Chain 2020) has been shortlisted as a finalist in the British Council Study UK Alumni Awards. The finalists will be announced at the award ceremony on Wednesday 15 March.
- Neville Randeria (MSc Air Transport 1995) has been announced as one of four new assistant general manager hires at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. He manages the capital financial planning associated with ATLNext, the Airport’s 20-year, multibillion-dollar capital improvement program.
If you've been featured in the media, don't forget to share your successes with us so we can include them in our quarterly roundup. Email our Alumni Communications team including a link to the website or press release.
Check out last quarter's summary (October to December 2022) here.