The Cranfield Management MSc includes a three-month internship placement within a business organisation and provides students with the opportunity to gain invaluable practical experience in a real working environment, deepen their management knowledge, and gain insight into a business sector.
In previous years alumni and their organisations have volunteered to provide internships and projects for students. The benefits of hiring an MSc in Management student as an intern include:
- Helping to solve a short-term staff shortage, skills gap or vacancy.
- Injecting fresh ideas, knowledge and up-to-date theoretical concepts into a business.
- Adding value to an organisation through high quality, reflective and analytical thinkers - who are motivated and willing to get involved.
- Allowing organisations to test talented individuals who you may wish to recruit.
- Building international business networks and country-specific market intelligence through international students.
The project/internship can be customised to fit your current business needs, should be based on a live business issue and should take place between June and August 2022.
“The student brings fresh ideas, excellent education, the latest management models/frameworks – all this goes a long way to improve motivation as it’s invariably a refreshing experience to work with one of these guys.”
Richard Brooks (MBA 2005, BGP 2013), CEO, K-International Ltd
Our students are currently looking for internship projects relating to their end of year thesis. Previous projects have included:
- Researching and analysing overseas business opportunities
- Implementing business change
- Resolving HR issues
In the past students have worked with a variety of multinational organisations, as well as SMEs and start-ups across a wide range of industries including:
- Finning (UK & Ireland) Ltd
- Briteyellow Limited
- Contact Engine Limited
- Transport Systems Catapult
- Deloitte LLP
- K-International Limited
- Marks & Spencer PLC
- Orange Business Services Limited
- Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited
- Skanska UK PLC
“I had a wonderful enlightening experience during my internship with TUI Aviation at Luton. Every day was challenging and fun, and everyone at TUI was helpful and keen to share their knowledge and experience with me. My internship supervisor guided me in every possible way and made sure that the internship was exciting and memorable. Within the three month period I was with them I completed five assignments for the company. The final day concluded with a presentation to the whole TUI Supply Chain Department, which I thoroughly enjoyed.” Devipriya Madalaimuthu (MSc Management 2019)
Watch these videos to hear the experiences of our students and their placement companies.
Visit the internship web page to find out more, or if you or your organisation would like to discuss how an MSc in Management student could help you, please contact the Internships and Projects Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can call +44 (0)1234 758190.