We are very active in the design of training solutions for its own educational courses, and in supporting other organisations' training system design and delivery. Read more Read less
Our activities in this area includes active research into the methods and means of training delivery, and determination and measurement of the effectiveness of these methods in different environments, organisations and levels.
Our Defence Training Analysis capability includes the design of training systems by balancing the use of different media to achieve the most cost effective solutions and outputs.
Some recent examples of our work include:
- Infantry weapon training options
- Cyber warfare training options
- Infantry training systems
- Advanced distributed simulations for training
- Forensic computing for security
- C-IED training technologies.
About our research
Our research is highly regarded internationally and our academics are called upon to undertake progressive research projects and to provide impartial, expert advice on their subjects. Our approach to research and consultancy projects is flexible. While our main areas of research are defence and security, we often apply our knowledge to other sectors or to bring together multidisciplinary teams combining the skills of a number of academic areas.
Our research influences and informs the global defence and security sector. Forged through a distinctive blend of expertise, experience and facilities, we are leaders in defence and security research.
Working with us
There are a variety of ways in which your organisation can engage and work with us. We can provide real-world solutions that support and inform your operations, products and services. To highlight a few of the ways that you can work with us:
• Provision of expert advice;
• Sponsor a PhD student research project;
• Commission a research project;
• Collaborate on an research activity or project;
• Provision of support to a Masters project;
• Commission a customised development programme, tailored to the requirements of your organisation;
• Commission a consultancy project.
Clients and partners
We work closely with the military, industry and government departments to influence and provide leading solutions to major global defence and security challenges.
Examples of key business clients and partners include:
• AWE PLC,
• Research Councils,
• BAE Systems,
• AEL Mining,