We value diversity and recognise the new perspectives that this can bring to our working, learning and teaching community.
Through our diversity initiatives we are creating a culture in which everyone is able to fulfil their potential. Initiatives include:
- Reviewing our recruitment and selection procedures to ensure that we attract diverse talent;
- Increasing the number of women on recruitment panels;
- Including a statement on diversity and flexible working on our job advertisements;
- Introducing a number of career development and support initiatives for female staff, including a mentoring scheme open to all, the Step Up Women's Network, Advanced HE's Aurora Programme and our internal Women as Leaders programme;
- Rolling our training and development on topics such as unconscious bias to highlight the impact of bias on key decision-making, and roles and responsibilities under the Equality Act;
- Working towards becoming a Disability Confident Employer;
- Moving our gender pay action plan forward.
Awards and recognitions
We are recipients of the following awards:
And member of:
- Advanced HE,
- The Women's Engineering Society,
- Working Families.
For us, diversity goes beyond simply that which is expected by law. Our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and action plan, supported by a range of policies and procedures, highlights how we are going beyond these obligations to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination/harassment and victimisations;
- Promote equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not;
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristics and those who do not.
I respect the fact that people may have to respond to other important aspects of their lives. Being flexible allows us to employ and retain talented colleagues who, otherwise, we may have missed out on.
My team is very international. It's the consequence of always trying to find the best talent from everywhere in the world.
I like meeting and chatting to all the people of so many different nationalities that I meet at Cranfield. I provide them with a service, and it makes me happy to make them happy.