Information for Thai students wishing to study a postgraduate programme at Cranfield University.
Cranfield University has a vibrant international community and is historically a popular destination for students from Thailand.
We currently have 36 students from Thailand studying with us.
We are an exclusively postgraduate university with an average student to staff ratio - 7:1 that is one of the best for any university in the UK and the world. Cranfield represents a unique offering for Thai students wishing to study in the UK. Thai students at Cranfield benefit from excellent teaching delivered by our world-renowned academics, state-of-the art facilities and real-life industry projects with leading global organisations.
Cranfield provides a professional working environment but our Thai students also enjoy campus life and get involved in a wide variety of activities run by the Cranfield Student Association.
Most courses are looking for a UK Honours degree (minimum second class lower) or international equivalent.
We assess all applications individually and consider the equivalence of your qualifications against UK degrees, using advice from UK NARIC, the National Agency responsible for providing information, advice and opinion on qualifications and skills from all over the world.
Requirements for applicants from Thailand
The minimum qualification you need is a Bachelor degree from a recognised university. This is a general guide and holding this level of qualification does not guarantee entry.
English language requirements
To study for a formal award at Cranfield you will need to demonstrate that you can communicate effectively in English in an academic environment. You can meet this requirement in the following ways:
- If you have previously obtained a higher education level qualification from a UK university and have been taught and assessed in English (note that international applicants applying for Master’s courses in Cranfield’s School of Management are required to have studied in the UK for the full duration of the course).
- If you are a national of or have a obtained a higher education level qualification from a country on the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) list of majority English speaking countries:
Antigua and Barbuda Ireland Australia Jamaica The Bahamas Malta Barbados New Zealand Belize St Kitts and Nevis Canada* St Lucia Dominica St Vincent and the Grenadines Grenada Trinidad and Tobago Guyana United States of America
*You will usually be required take an English test if your studies were not taught and assessed in English.
- If you have been continuously employed in the UK for a minimum of five years immediately prior to the start of the course, providing you are able to supply a reference from your current employer which explicitly confirms you are able to communicate effectively in English.
- By providing a satisfactory English test certificate that meets the requirement of the course you have applied for.
Approved English tests
The tests we accept and the University minimum requirements are detailed below. Some courses require a higher test score, please check the course page for details.
- IELTS Academic - 6.5 overall.
- TOEFL - 92 total.
- PTE Academic - 65 overall.
- Cambridge Assessment English tests - Cambridge English Scale score of 180.
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English III - Pass overall.
English test notes:
- We verify all test scores with the test providers.
- We are only able to accept tests taken within two years of the course start date.
- All elements of the test results must be demonstrated in one test, we are unable to accept a combination of scores across two or more tests.
- In extremely rare circumstances we may reject a test score if one element of the test has a very low score. This would only occur if we believed this would impact on your ability to study with us or if the score did not meet UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requirements to study in the UK.
What can I do if I don't meet the English language requirement for my chosen course?
If you have taken a test but not reached the required score you may be able to attend one of our Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses:
There are also a number of funding opportunities available to students from Thailand wishing to study at Cranfield including:
- Cranfield Global Manufacturing Leadership Masters Scholarship
- British Council IELTS Prize
- Future Finance Student Loans
- Cranfield Postgraduate Loan Scheme
For further Information and advice on funding and finance, including how to pay your fees and useful references for international applicants, please visit our Fees and Funding
|BRIT Education UK||10/35 Trendy Building,
|Education Tower Ltd||317 Kamolsukosol Building
Unit ABC, 11th Floor
Silom Road, Silom
Bangrak, Bangkok 10500
Bangkok: Chidlom, Pinklao, Rama 2
Chiang Mai branch
|T: +66 (0)2 635 5230
Line ID: hands_on
|IEC Global||Maneeya Center Building
518/5 Ploenchit Rd
|T: +66 (0)2 250-4585-6
|IAE Thailand||Room 9005, 571 RSU Tower,
9th floor Unit 903,
Sukhumvit soi 31,
Wattana, Bangkok 10110
|T:+66 2 117 9564
|The Lion Academy of
|587 Fashion Island Department Store,
(part of the UKEAS Group)
16th Floor, Regent House,
183 Rajdamri Road,
Additional office in:
Punna Residence 5 229/137 Huaykaew Road,
|T: +66 022555157-9 (Bangkok)
Line ID: MentorInternational
T: +66 (0) 5322 4603 (Chiangmai)
Line ID: mentorCM
|WIN Education UK||B1 F1, Jasmine City,
Sukhumvit 23 (Soi Prasarmmet),
Klong Toei Nue, Wattana,
Additional Offices: Chiangmai, Ladprao, Pinklao
|T: 026617495 - 96
(Study International UK)
GLAS HAUS BUILDING, 8th Floor, Room 804
Soi Sukhumvit 25,
Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Additional office in: ChiangMai
|T: +66 02-260-6033