Cranfield is a destination of choice for students from Saudi Arabia. Saudi student population is increasing year on year as the university caters to the needs and requirements of international students beyond the classroom. Its safe campus environment offers the students a home away from home.
We currently have 55 students from Saudi Arabia studying with us.
Cranfield is an approved university listed by the Ministry of Education (MoE). This means that Saudi Arabian students wishing to study at Cranfield can apply for a Government Scholarship. Cranfield also has good links with a number of top universities in Saudi Arabia whereby their faculty registers on taught and research programmes as part of their career development. Cranfield representatives make regular visits to Saudi Arabia where, in addition to holding meetings with academic colleagues on matters of collaborative research, they attend student recruitment fairs to meet prospective students face to face and assist with any queries they may have.
As an exclusively postgraduate university, Cranfield offer students from Saudi Arabia an excellent teaching environment that is supported by world-renowned academics, state-of-the-art unique facilities, and close engagement with industry. In addition to providing a professional working environment, Cranfield also offers Saudi students the opportunity to enjoy campus life and get involved in a wide variety of activities organised by Cranfield Saudi Society. Our experience of over four decades of working with students from Saudi has enabled us to cater for their specific academic, religious and dietary needs.
The majority of eating outlets on campus provide Halal certified food and a mosque is available on campus that is run by the Cranfield Islamic Society. The campus has a very family-friendly environment with on-campus facilities such as a crèche, pre-school, shops and a bank.
We run an extensive Student Ambassador Programme whereby upon your request a member of the team can call you to answer any questions that you may have; if you prefer you can speak to the Student Ambassador in Arabic. Request a call back here
According to QS World University Rankings 2019, Cranfield is 5th for mechanical, aeronautical and manufacturing engineering education in the UK, and has risen 6 places to #39 in the world.
Our general entry requirement is a UK Honours degree (minimum second class lower) or international equivalent. Our Admissions Office staff have extensive knowledge of a wide range of qualifications from all over the world and will assess your qualifications against our UK entry requirements. Applications are considered on an individual basis and the information provided here is intended as a general guide. Holding this level of qualification does not guarantee entry and some programmes may have higher entry requirements.
Requirements for individuals from Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor's degree by a recognised university in Saudi Arabia. The qualification achieved in Saudi Arabia should be the equivalent of UK 2nd class Honours degree.
Full entry requirements for individual courses can be found on the individual course pages. Please read them carefully as there can sometimes be additional requirements.
To search our courses, visit our Course finder.
English language requirements
To study for a formal award at Cranfield you will need to demonstrate that you can communicate effectively in English in an academic environment. You can meet this requirement in the following ways:
- If you have previously obtained a higher education level qualification from a UK university and have been taught and assessed in English (note that international applicants applying for Master’s courses in Cranfield’s School of Management are required to have studied in the UK for the full duration of the course).
- If you are a national of or have a obtained a higher education level qualification from a country on the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) list of majority English speaking countries:
Antigua and Barbuda Ireland Australia Jamaica The Bahamas Malta Barbados New Zealand Belize St Kitts and Nevis Canada* St Lucia Dominica St Vincent and the Grenadines Grenada Trinidad and Tobago Guyana United States of America
*You will usually be required take an English test if your studies were not taught and assessed in English.
- If you have been continuously employed in the UK for a minimum of five years immediately prior to the start of the course, providing you are able to supply a reference from your current employer which explicitly confirms you are able to communicate effectively in English.
- By providing a satisfactory English test certificate that meets the requirement of the course you have applied for.
Approved English tests
The tests we accept and the University minimum requirements are detailed below. Some courses require a higher test score, please check the course page for details.
- IELTS Academic - 6.5 overall.
- TOEFL - 92 total.
- PTE Academic - 65 overall.
- Cambridge Assessment English tests - Cambridge English Scale score of 180.
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English III - Pass overall.
English test notes:
- We verify all test scores with the test providers.
- We are only able to accept tests taken within two years of the course start date.
- All elements of the test results must be demonstrated in one test, we are unable to accept a combination of scores across two or more tests.
- In extremely rare circumstances we may reject a test score if one element of the test has a very low score. This would only occur if we believed this would impact on your ability to study with us or if the score did not meet UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requirements to study in the UK.
What can I do if I don't meet the English language requirement for my chosen course?
If you have taken a test but not reached the required score you may be able to attend one of our Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses:
Cranfield University is on the recognised University list for the Ministry of Education (MOE). In addition to the Scholarships that are offered by the Saudi MOE, there are a number of funding opportunities in Saudi Arabia which provide financial support for postgraduate study in the UK. You may wish to check the below websites for further information on additional funding and finance options available to international students:
For further Information and advice on funding and finance, including how to pay your fees and useful references for international applicants, please visit our Fees and Funding page.
No. 200, Jubail Industrial City,
| T: 00966541259980
|Future Graduates Ltd.||188 Freshfield Avenue
| T: +44 7477 880085 | +965 99197310
|Global Vision for
|Global Vision Riyad 1st floor,
Above 3M Autocare center,
Prince Muhammad Ibn
Abdulaziz Street (Tahliah Street)
and Prince Abdulaziz Ibn
Musaid Ibn Jalawi Street
(Dabab Street) cross,
|Talib Consultancy (UK) Ltd
||Office 24, Second Floor,
2649 Salah Ad Din Al Ayyubi Road,
Al Malaz and PO Box 16589
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
|T: 00966 (0)115102700
PO Box 19312
Additional offices in:
|T: +966 11275 4601
|AG Education and Training||15-16 Hampshire Terrace,
Hampshire PO1 2QF
|M: +44 7776 306161 (UK)
M: +966 5 5666 9630 (Saudi Arabia)
|;IAE Global||H&R Centre, 3rd Floor, Office #15
7664 Prince Sultan Rd,
Opposite Alharam Center
Alnahda District, Jeddah
P.O. Box 5365
Jeddah 23615, Saudi Arabia
|T: +966 12 613 6080
|Global Study UK||1 Great Cumberland Place,
|T: +44 (0)20 7486 4762
|IEC Abroad||9 Portland Street
Offices in Jeddah and Riyadh
|T:+44 (0) 161 233 4295
|Knowledge Well||102 Rectory Lane
|UKUD||Mercury House, Shipstones Business Centre,
|EDUCON Study Abroad||Al Faisaliah Dist. Madinah Road AlKhoraif Center Ent.
2 OFFICE 507
P. O. Box 13595
|N: Al Harith Al Qurashi
T: +966 1 26920983
|Qobolak For Commercial
|King Fahad Rd,
Al Nasrriyah St,
Al Yamama Tower,
5th Floor, Office 501,
Zip Code 12631,
|T: 44 7747 533 212
Representatives from Cranfield make regular visits to Saudi Arabia throughout the year. We attend education exhibitions, visit universities and talk to prospective students and their families.
Please view our events calendar to find out when we will next be visiting.
If you are already studying in the UK, our Open Days provide the ideal opportunity to visit the campus and meet staff and students.