Information for Mexican students wishing to study a postgraduate programme at Cranfield University
Cranfield University has a vibrant international community and is becoming a very popular destination for a growing number of Mexican students. We currently have 18 students from Mexico studying with us.
Cranfield has an agreement with CONACyT (Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia) which provides competitive scholarships for Mexican students to study a postgraduate degree. Cranfield offers a bursary to each successful CONACyT scholar and in addition to the scholarship, CONACyT award a monthly stipend.
As an exclusively postgraduate university with a student to staff ratio - 7:1 that is one of the best for any university in the UK and the world, Cranfield represents a unique offering for Mexican students thinking of studying in the UK. Mexican students at Cranfield benefit from excellent teaching delivered by our world-renowned academics, state-of-the-art facilities and real-life industry projects with leading global organisations. Cranfield provides a professional working environment but our Mexican students also enjoy campus life and get involved in a wide variety of clubs, societies and associations.
Cranfield has excellent links with CONACyT and other Mexican sponsors. We have strong links with a number of the top Mexican universities including Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Tecnologico de Monterrey, Cinvestav, Universidad de la Americas Puebla, Universidad Autonoma Chapingo to name but a few. Cranfield representatives make regular visits to Mexico and work closely with agent representative Anglo Latino Education Partnership. We also have strong links with the Mexican Embassy here in the UK.
Our general entry requirement is a UK Honours degree (minimum second class lower) or international equivalent. Our Admissions Office staff have extensive knowledge of a wide range of qualifications from all over the world and will assess your qualifications against our UK entry requirements. Applications are considered on an individual basis and the information provided here is intended as a general guide. Holding this level of qualification does not guarantee entry and some programmes may have higher entry requirements.
Requirements for individuals from Mexico
- A Bachelor’s degree (Titulo de Licenciado) from a recognised university in Mexico or Titulo (Professional).
- If you want to apply for a scholarship from CONACyT or another sponsor, it is likely that you will require a promedio of 8.0-8.5.
- For research programmes, we normally require a Masters level qualification (Masetria) from a recognised university in Mexico. Cranfield can assist candidates in selecting research opportunities and writing a good proposal. Alternatively you can contact our agent representative Anglo Latino Education Partnership.
Full entry requirements for individual courses can be found on the individual course pages. Please read them carefully as there can sometimes be additional requirements.
English language requirements
To study for a formal award at Cranfield you will need to demonstrate that you can communicate effectively in English in an academic environment. You can meet this requirement in the following ways:
- If you have previously obtained a higher education level qualification from a UK university and have been taught and assessed in English (note that international applicants applying for Master’s courses in Cranfield’s School of Management are required to have studied in the UK for the full duration of the course).
- If you are a national of or have a obtained a higher education level qualification from a country on the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) list of majority English speaking countries:
Antigua and Barbuda Ireland Australia Jamaica The Bahamas Malta Barbados New Zealand Belize St Kitts and Nevis Canada* St Lucia Dominica St Vincent and the Grenadines Grenada Trinidad and Tobago Guyana United States of America
*You will usually be required take an English test if your studies were not taught and assessed in English.
- If you have been continuously employed in the UK for a minimum of five years immediately prior to the start of the course, providing you are able to supply a reference from your current employer which explicitly confirms you are able to communicate effectively in English.
- By providing a satisfactory English test certificate that meets the requirement of the course you have applied for.
Approved English tests
The tests we accept and the University minimum requirements are detailed below. Some courses require a higher test score, please check the course page for details.
- IELTS Academic - 6.5 overall.
- TOEFL - 92 total.
- PTE Academic - 65 overall.
- Cambridge Assessment English tests - Cambridge English Scale score of 180.
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English III - Pass overall.
English test notes:
- We verify all test scores with the test providers.
- We are only able to accept tests taken within two years of the course start date.
- All elements of the test results must be demonstrated in one test, we are unable to accept a combination of scores across two or more tests.
- In extremely rare circumstances we may reject a test score if one element of the test has a very low score. This would only occur if we believed this would impact on your ability to study with us or if the score did not meet UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requirements to study in the UK.
What can I do if I don't meet the English language requirement for my chosen course?
If you have taken a test but not reached the required score you may be able to attend one of our Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses:
There are a number of funding bodies in Mexico which provide financial aid to support postgraduate study in the UK and these include a range of sponsors that we have agreements with:
- Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia (CONACyT) - for details of the bursary offered, please go to the CONACyT bursary page
- (FIDERH) Banco de Mexico Fund for the Development of Human Resources
- The Mexican Foundation for Education, Science and Technology (FUNED)
Our representative in Mexico, David Thomas via the Anglo Latino Education Partnership can offer useful advice on sponsorship. For further Information and advice on funding and finance, including how to pay your fees and useful references for international applicants, please visit our Fees and Funding page.
|Anglo Latino Education
Partnership - Mexico City
|Paseo de le Reforma, No. 42 Piso 1 Oficina A-145
Additional office in:
|T: (01 55) 3687 4477 / (01 55) 4169 2462
| Across the Pond
- Study in Britain
|Study Across the Pond, LLC
PO Box 5318
Forest, ON NON 1JO
Representatives from Cranfield make regular visits to Mexico throughout the year. We attend education exhibitions, visit universities and talk to prospective students and their families.
Please view our events calendar to find out when we will next be visiting.
If you are already studying in the UK, our Open Days provide the ideal opportunity to visit the campus and meet staff and students.