Information for Kuwaiti students wishing to study a postgraduate programme at Cranfield University
Cranfield University has a vibrant international community and is historically a popular destination for students from Kuwait. We currently have 9 students from Kuwait studying with us.
As an exclusively postgraduate university with a student to staff ratio - 7:1 that is one of the best for any university in the UK and the world, Cranfield represents a unique offering for Kuwaiti students thinking of studying in the UK. Kuwaiti students at Cranfield benefit from excellent teaching delivered by our world-renowned academics, state-of-the art facilities and real-life industry projects with leading global organisations.
Cranfield also offers Kuwaiti students the opportunity to enjoy campus life and get involved in a wide variety of activities run by the Cranfield Student Association. Our experience of over four decades of working with students from the Middle East has enabled us to cater for their specific academic, religious and dietary needs.
The majority of eating outlets on campus provide Halal certified food and a mosque is available on campus that is run by the Cranfield Islamic Society. The campus has a very family-friendly environment with on-campus facilities such as a crèche, pre-school, shops and a bank. Milton Keynes is located just outside of the Cranfield campus.
Our general entry requirement is a UK Honours degree (minimum second class lower) or international equivalent. Our Admissions Office staff have extensive knowledge of a wide range of qualifications from all over the world and will assess your qualifications against our UK entry requirements. Applications are considered on an individual basis and the information provided here is intended as a general guide. Holding this level of qualification does not guarantee entry and some programmes may have higher entry requirements.
Requirements for individuals from Kuwait
- Bachelor's degree by a recognised university in Kuwait. The qualification achieved in Kuwait should be the equivalent of UK 2nd class Honours degree.
Full entry requirements for individual courses can be found on the individual course pages. Please read them carefully as there can sometimes be additional requirements.
English language requirements
To study for a formal award at Cranfield you will need to demonstrate that you can communicate effectively in English in an academic environment. You can meet this requirement in the following ways:
- If you have previously obtained a higher education level qualification from a UK university and have been taught and assessed in English (note that international applicants applying for Master’s courses in Cranfield’s School of Management are required to have studied in the UK for the full duration of the course).
- If you are a national of or have a obtained a higher education level qualification from a country on the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) list of majority English speaking countries:
Antigua and Barbuda Ireland Australia Jamaica The Bahamas Malta Barbados New Zealand Belize St Kitts and Nevis Canada* St Lucia Dominica St Vincent and the Grenadines Grenada Trinidad and Tobago Guyana United States of America
*You will usually be required take an English test if your studies were not taught and assessed in English.
- If you have been continuously employed in the UK for a minimum of five years immediately prior to the start of the course, providing you are able to supply a reference from your current employer which explicitly confirms you are able to communicate effectively in English.
- By providing a satisfactory English test certificate that meets the requirement of the course you have applied for.
Approved English tests
The tests we accept and the University minimum requirements are detailed below. Some courses require a higher test score, please check the course page for details.
- IELTS Academic - 6.5 overall.
- TOEFL - 92 total.
- PTE Academic - 65 overall.
- Cambridge Assessment English tests - Cambridge English Scale score of 180.
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English III - Pass overall.
English test notes:
- We verify all test scores with the test providers.
- We are only able to accept tests taken within two years of the course start date.
- All elements of the test results must be demonstrated in one test, we are unable to accept a combination of scores across two or more tests.
- In extremely rare circumstances we may reject a test score if one element of the test has a very low score. This would only occur if we believed this would impact on your ability to study with us or if the score did not meet UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requirements to study in the UK.
What can I do if I don't meet the English language requirement for my chosen course?
If you have taken a test but not reached the required score you may be able to attend one of our Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses:
Funding available to students from Kuwait:
For further Information and advice on funding and finance, including how to pay your fees and useful references for international applicants, please visit our Fees and Funding page.
Representatives from Cranfield make regular visits to Kuwait throughout the year. We attend education exhibitions, visit universities and talk to prospective students and their families.
Please view our events calendar to find out when we will next be visiting.
If you are already studying in the UK, our Open Days provide the ideal opportunity to visit the campus and meet staff and students.
Al-Rihab complex,9th floor,
P.O Box 1199 - Salmiya
|T: 002 02 227 12189
|Eurostudies Kuwait||97 Commercial Road,
Hawally, Bin Khaldun Street,
M2 floor, Office 43,
|T: +44 1202 7741
T: +965 97542343
|Future Graduates Ltd||188 Freshfield Avenue
Street No. 515
|T: +44 7477 880085
T: +965 9919 7310
T: +965 9984 9320
|JnS Education Consultant (UK) Ltd||Kuwait Office
| T: +44 7766317128
St. Georges Business Centre
St. Georges Square,
Portsmouth PO1 3EZ
niu - Business District One,
Ali Al-Salem St,
|T:+44 (0) 239 283 9210
T:+44 (0) 753 473 6460
T: +44(0)793 968 6325