Information for Egyptian students wishing to study a postgraduate programme at Cranfield University.
Cranfield University has a vibrant international community and is historically a popular destination for students from Egypt.
As an exclusively postgraduate university with a student to staff ratio - 7:1 that is one of the best for any university in the UK and the world, Cranfield represents a unique offering for Egyptian students thinking of studying in the UK. Egyptian students at Cranfield benefit from excellent teaching delivered by our world-renowned academics, state-of-the art facilities and real-life industry projects with leading global organisations.
Cranfield also offers Egyptian students the opportunity to enjoy campus life and get involved in a wide variety of activities run by Cranfield Student Association. Our experience of over four decades of working with students from Egypt has enabled us to cater for their specific academic, religious and dietary needs.
The majority of eating outlets on campus provide Halal certified food and a mosque is available on campus that is run by the Cranfield Islamic Society. The campus has a very family-friendly environment with on-campus facilities such as a crèche, pre-school, shops and a bank.
Our general entry requirement is a UK Honours degree (minimum second class lower) or international equivalent. Our Admissions Office staff have extensive knowledge of a wide range of qualifications from all over the world and will assess your qualifications against our UK entry requirements. Applications are considered on an individual basis and the information provided here is intended as a general guide. Holding this level of qualification does not guarantee entry and some programmes may have higher entry requirements.
Requirements for individuals from Egypt
- Bachelor’s degree with B- to C+
Full entry requirements for individual courses can be found on the individual course pages. Please read them carefully as there can sometimes be additional requirements.
English language requirements
To study for a formal award at Cranfield you will need to demonstrate that you can communicate effectively in English in an academic environment. You can meet this requirement in the following ways:
- If you have previously obtained a higher education level qualification from a UK university and have been taught and assessed in English (note that international applicants applying for Master’s courses in Cranfield’s School of Management are required to have studied in the UK for the full duration of the course).
- If you are a national of or have a obtained a higher education level qualification from a country on the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) list of majority English speaking countries:
Antigua and Barbuda Ireland Australia Jamaica The Bahamas Malta Barbados New Zealand Belize St Kitts and Nevis Canada* St Lucia Dominica St Vincent and the Grenadines Grenada Trinidad and Tobago Guyana United States of America
*You will usually be required take an English test if your studies were not taught and assessed in English.
- If you have been continuously employed in the UK for a minimum of five years immediately prior to the start of the course, providing you are able to supply a reference from your current employer which explicitly confirms you are able to communicate effectively in English.
- By providing a satisfactory English test certificate that meets the requirement of the course you have applied for.
Approved English tests
The tests we accept and the University minimum requirements are detailed below. Some courses require a higher test score, please check the course page for details.
- IELTS Academic - 6.5 overall.
- TOEFL - 92 total.
- PTE Academic - 65 overall.
- Cambridge Assessment English tests - Cambridge English Scale score of 180.
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English III - Pass overall.
English test notes:
- We verify all test scores with the test providers.
- We are only able to accept tests taken within two years of the course start date.
- All elements of the test results must be demonstrated in one test, we are unable to accept a combination of scores across two or more tests.
- In extremely rare circumstances we may reject a test score if one element of the test has a very low score. This would only occur if we believed this would impact on your ability to study with us or if the score did not meet UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requirements to study in the UK.
What can I do if I don't meet the English language requirement for my chosen course?
If you have taken a test but not reached the required score you may be able to attend one of our Pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses:
There are a number of funding opportunities available to students from Egypt wishing to study at Cranfield including:
- Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
- The TAQA Arabia Scholarship
- Cranfield Postgraduate Loan Scheme
- Future Finance Student Loans
For further Information and advice on funding and finance, including how to pay your fees and useful references for international applicants, please visit our
British Educational Services Agency
32 Mohamed Tawfik Diab
Other Offices in: Alexandria, Kuwait and Sudan
Global Vision for Academic Services
Global Vision Egypt
41 Lebnon St., Mohandseen,
2nd Floor, Lebanon,
Mit Akaba, Al Agouzah,
Global Study UK
1 Great Cumberland Place
London W1H 7AL
Branch No 2
20 St Andrews Road
Gauteng 2196, South Africa
Education Global (EduGlobe Ltd)
Jubail Industrial City
Jubail 31961, Saudi Arabia
International Student Admissions Service
1 Pickle Mews
London SW9 0FJ
Representatives from Cranfield regularly visit Egypt. We attend education exhibitions, visit universities and talk to prospective students and their families.
Please view our events calendar to find out when we will next be visiting.
If you are already studying in the UK, our Open Days provide the ideal opportunity to visit the campus and meet staff and students.
I was impressed by the quality of Leadership education in Cranfield. The programme has taught me a lot about how to become a successful leader and about understanding others' map of the world.Aya Ghaleb, Executive at Transaction Advisory Services, Ernst & Young – Egypt