Cranfield seeks to provide its students with the best possible educational experience. We set and maintain high academic standards for teaching and learning across all our programmes, supported by robust quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Academic Misconduct
- Academic Appeals
- Apprenticeship Complaints Policy
- Apprenticeship Students' Handbook
- Assessment Rules for Taught Courses
- Examination handbook
- Health and Safety Handbook - Cranfield
- Health and Safety Handbook - Shrivenham
- Jiangsu University Cranfield Tech Futures Graduate Institute Handbook
- Managing Research Students
- Managing Taught Courses
- Managing Undergraduate Courses Handbook
- Postgraduate Students' Handbook
- Rescinding Awards
- Research Students' Handbook
- Senate Reviews
- Staff Handbook - Changes to Registration
- Staff Handbook for External Examiners (taught courses)
- Staff Handbook - Non-Award Courses
- Staff Handbook - Partnerships Involving Academic Provision
- Staff Handbook - Positions of Responsibility
- Staff Handbook - Recognised Teachers
- Staff Handbook - Setting up a New Taught Course
- Student Complaints
- Student Disciplinary Procedures
- Student Welfare Handbook
- Undergraduate Awards Handbook
- Undergraduate Students' Handbook
External examining forms
Annual reflective reviews of courses and periodic Senate reviews of Schools and focused reviews are conducted for internal quality assurance of academic provision.
- Annual reflective review,
- Senate reviews of Schools,
- Senate-focused reviews.
Institutional audit was carried out by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA).
Programme and course approval
Robust committee structures are used to:
- Set up new courses;
- Set up academic partnerships;
- Monitor and act upon student feedback from internal and external surveys;
- Encourage student representation and participation;
- Ensure high standards through use of
- external examiners,
- industry links,
- leading-edge research,
- research-informed teaching.
The assessment of all postgraduate courses of the University are subject to agreed qualitative criteria.
We are committed to providing a positive student experience and capture feedback through a number of mechanisms including internal and national student surveys, to enhance the quality of our provision.
Survey feedback is reported on an annual basis and reviewed by Teaching and Research Committees, Senior Management and Departments heads, to enable a process of continuous improvement of the student experience.
Alongside our internal Student Satisfaction and Early Experience surveys, we capture the academic experience of our students through the national Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES) and Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES), both run by Advance HE.
The success of our graduates is monitored through the national Destination of Leavers survey which shows 92% of our graduates are in relevant employment or further study within six months of graduation, securing jobs in some of the world’s best known companies including Nissan, Oxfam, Airbus, Johnson & Johnson, Williams F1, Water-Aid, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Rolls-Royce, Veolia, Kraft and GlaxoSmithKline to name a few.
Erasmus Charter 2014-2020
View our Erasmus Charter for Higher Education awarded by the European Commission.
Cranfield is committed to supporting our learners as they work towards fulfilling their academic and personal potential. Together as staff and learners, we form a community working to facilitate learning within a culture based on mutual respect in which individual rights and responsibilities, and diverse needs are promoted.
The Student Charter is a reference point for learners and staff to consider the nature of the rights and responsibilities of all those included within Cranfield’s community. It does not constitute a legally binding contract, but gives an overview of how we work together to establish and maintain our unique learning and living culture. Our Student Charter has been jointly developed by the University and Cranfield's Students’ Association (CSA).