At Cranfield, we know first-hand the importance for non-financial managers and directors to understand financial fundamentals. Expanding your financial knowledge helps towards building greater confidence when making key business decisions. Read more Read less
Our Finance and Accounting for Managers programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to successfully understand the use of accounting and finance in the business context and enable you to communicate effectively and confidently on financial matters.
This programme illustrates successful accounting concepts and frameworks to demystify this technical and complex field, helping you to feel more comfortable when communicating financial difficulties, create value throughout your organisation and making better informed and evidence based managerial and strategic decisions.
Learn how to:
- Use annual financial reports to inform your strategic decisions.
- Use accounting information to make managerial decisions.
- Evaluate investment proposals whether it is a good one or not.
At a glance
- 24 - 28 Sep 2018
- Duration5 days, residential
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£5,550 + VAT Concessions available
What you will learn
You will gain:
- Increased confidence and understanding in financial matters.
- Improved skills to analyse and interpret financial and accounting information.
- Ability to make better decisions, both on day-to-day matters and investments.
- Confidence to communicate effectively with your organisation's accountants.
Your organisation will gain:
- Enhanced understanding of financial fundamentals that encourages debate on strategies, leading to better managerial decisions.
- A better, more effectively managed business area that monitors and drives business performance.
- A more knowledgeable and effective executive with a clear understanding of finance and accounting concepts to make managerial decisions, taking into consideration the financial implications to the business.
The Finance and Accounting for Managers programme understands the challenges you face when interpreting the financial fundamentals within the business context.
- Accounting fundamentals - how to make sense of financial reports.
- Management accounting - product pricing and covering these costs.
- Finance - evaluating projects and creating value.
You gain state-of-the-art models to:
- Understand and effectively analyse balance sheet and income statement (profit and loss).
- Plan , budget and cash flow forecasting.
- Prepare and evaluate capital project and acquisition proposals.
- Understand and manage cost, cash flow and working capital.
- Analyse breakeven and contribution.
- Drive, monitor and create value in organisational performance.
Who should attend
Senior executives for non-financial backgrounds, with budgetary responsibilities, who are looking to improve their financial knowledge and build confidence to effectively manage their business areas.
- Senior Managers
- Partners and Senior Consultants
- Senior Technical Experts
Accommodation options and prices
Tuition, course materials, full board accommodation and lifelong access to Alumni Membership benefits are included in the price of this course.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University