Cranfield's Non-Executive Directors' Seminar is designed to equip you with the understanding of the multifaceted and challenging nature of the non-executive director's role. Read more Read less
This highly-specialised seminar will help you add value to the board, build your network and raise your profile to secure an appointment. It addresses key topics critical to the effectiveness of a non-executive director as well as covering how to secure non-executive positions. On the evening of day 1 there is a dinner with a guest speaker who will share their experiences and offer expert guidance.
Delivered by leading Cranfield and expert practitioner speakers for over 20 years, the seminar is a must for aspiring non-executive directors.
At a glance
- 23 - 24 Apr 2018
- 16 - 17 Oct 2018
- Duration2 days, residential
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£2,250 + VAT
What you will learn
You will leave with a comprehensive understanding of the role of a non-executive director, a structured knowledge of current governance responsibilities, and the practical understanding of how to secure a non-executive position. Increasingly senior individuals are choosing 'portfolio careers'; this seminar will support your personal development in this regard.
- Clarity about the key attributes of a successful NED and how you can develop these skills
- Greater understanding of your role as an effective NED
- Deeper appreciation of the NED's legal, regulatory and personal responsibilities
- Increased personal contribution in adding value to the board
- Greater confidence in pursuing NEDS placements
- Contextual awareness of how to apply your knowledge and skills to board room challenges in different types of organisations
- Increased profile through peer networking
- The critical components of corporate governance and responsibility
- Your legal responsibilities
- Effective board processes
- Dealing with top team dynamics
- How to find non-executive positions
- Comparing non-executive roles in different types of organisations
- Welcome, course objectives and personal introductions
- Legal responsibilities of a non-executive director
- Due diligence on your company
- Good governance - what is it and how do we get there?
- Board evaluation
- Case study preparation
- Dinner with a guest speaker
- Role of the chair, succession and transition of board members
- How to work effectively with executive search firms
- Case study discussions
- The nature of global, high performing boards - what the research says
- Your conclusions from the programme
Who should attend
Current or aspiring non-executive directors in companies, not-for-profits and the public sector.
Accommodation options and prices
Tuition, course materials, full board accommodation and lifelong access to Alumni Membership benefits are included in the price of this course.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University