This course aims to introduce the core vocabulary and concepts associated with Information Systems. Read more Read less
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
- Cost£1,750 Concessions available
What you will learn
On successful completion of the module the student will be able to:
- Appraise the key academic concepts and language of current IS foundation knowledge, research and practice
- Critically evaluate published research
- Conduct independent research
- Write academically credible and professional reports.
- Course structure and the information profession
- Information systems overview
- Enabling technologies overview
- Information systems modelling
- Research methods, learning and study skills.
Upgrade to a professional qualificationThis short course, which will be taught at MSc standard, is one of the modules that comprise the postgraduate Information Capability Management (ICM) MSc programme.
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Location and travel
Cranfield Defence and Security (CDS) is a Cranfield School based at the Ministry of Defence establishment on the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire borders.
Shrivenham itself lies in the picturesque Vale of the White Horse, close to the M4 motorway which links London and South Wales. It is 7 miles from Swindon, the nearest town, which lies off the M4 at the hub of Britain’s motorway network.
Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol and Oxford are all within an hour’s drive and London less than two hours away by car.
All visitors must be pre-booked in at reception by the person they are visiting on the campus.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.