Through her work, Namita is interested in uncovering how organisations make sense of and address sustainability within their operations. She is also interested in how and whether they could be better regulated to do so. Her interests therefore broadly lie in the area of Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility (CR).
Namita received her PhD from the University of Bath in 2019, and for her research, Namita studied Corporate Social Responsibility and its regulation, where she uncovered organisational interpretations, attitudes and understandings relating to a law that mandates CSR activity. She sought to understand whether and how affected actors alter related CSR practices, the resulting outcomes of this, and whether mandated CSR could make corporations more responsible. She has worked as a research assistant in the past on a project relating to business power and sustainability within gold supply chains, where she uncovered involved participants, issues and multi-stakeholder (and industry) initiatives. She is currently exploring projects in her interest areas.
Namita is the Director of the Management and Corporate Sustainability MSc programme. She currently leads the Leading Corporate Sustainability module on the Masters in Management and Corporate Sustainability, Masters in Management and the Masters in Management and Leadership (Exec) programmes.
Articles In Journals
- Shirodkar V & Shete N (2022) The impact of domestic CSR on the internationalisation of emerging-market multinational enterprises: evidence from India, Management International Review , Available online 27 January 2022 (6).
- Richter UH, Shirodkar V & Shete N (2021) Firm-level indicators of instrumental and political CSR processes – a multiple case study, European Management Journal, 39 (2) 279-290.
- Shete N (2020) Shete N (2020) Sensemaking in the Mandated CSR Context. In: Academy of Management Annual Conference, SIM/ONE Junior Faculty Consortium 2020, Boston (Virtual), 8 August 2020.. In: Academy of Management 2020 Annual Meeting, Virtual, 7-11 August 2020.
- Shete N (2017) Mandated Corporate Social Responsibility and Sensemaking.. In: 2nd Bath SoM Doctoral Conference, Bath, 11 May 2017.
- Shete N (2017) Targeting long-term Sustainability through Mandated Corporate Social Responsibility?. In: EBEN Annual Conference 2017, Jyväskylä, 14-16 June 2017.