Through her research, Namita is interested in exploring how organisations make sense of and address sustainability within their operations. She is also interested in how and whether they might be better regulated to do so. Her interests therefore lie broadly in the area of Corporate Sustainability and Social Responsibility (CR). Namita has an MBA and has received her PhD from the University of Bath in 2019. For her research, Namita studied Corporate Social Responsibility and its regulation, where she uncovered organisational interpretations, attitudes and understandings relating to a law that mandates CSR activity. She has also worked on uncovering business power and sustainability within gold supply chains, where she explored involved participants, issues and multi-stakeholder (and industry) initiatives.
Namita is interested in supervising students interested in
1. Exploring the regulatory context around sustainability - how it is perceived, acted upon and made sense of within different contexts.
2. Topics associated with CSR/Sustainability within developing/emerging country contexts
3. CSR/Sustainability related studies based on a Sensemaking lens.
4. Sustainable/Ethical Supply chains
Namita directs the Management and Corporate Sustainability (MCS) programme. She also leads the Leading Corporate Sustainability module on the Masters in Management and Corporate Sustainability, Masters in Management and the Masters in Management and Leadership (Exec) programmes.
Articles In Journals
- Shirodkar V & Shete N (2022) The impact of domestic CSR on the internationalisation of emerging-market multinational enterprises: evidence from India, Management International Review , Available online 27 January 2022 (6).
- Richter UH, Shirodkar V & Shete N (2021) Firm-level indicators of instrumental and political CSR processes – a multiple case study, European Management Journal, 39 (2) 279-290.
- Shete N (2020) Shete N (2020) Sensemaking in the Mandated CSR Context. In: Academy of Management Annual Conference, SIM/ONE Junior Faculty Consortium 2020, Boston (Virtual), 8 August 2020.. In: Academy of Management 2020 Annual Meeting, Virtual, 7-11 August 2020.
- Shete N (2017) Mandated Corporate Social Responsibility and Sensemaking.. In: 2nd Bath SoM Doctoral Conference, Bath, 11 May 2017.
- Shete N (2017) Targeting long-term Sustainability through Mandated Corporate Social Responsibility?. In: EBEN Annual Conference 2017, Jyväskylä, 14-16 June 2017.