Contact Tim Mackley
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 758238
- Email: email@example.com
Areas of expertise
BackgroundTim was educated at Imperial College London and then worked with BAE Systems and MBDA as a senior engineering manager and department head, spending almost 20 years contributing to and leading international teams on major defence projects.
Current activitiesTim provides research, consultancy and teaching in the area of Systems Engineering and Systems Thinking, most recently in the field of Systems Design and Architecture. Areas of academic interest include:
- Systems Thinking and Systems Engineering
- Systems Design and Architecture
- System Development
- Lifecycle Management and Design Reviews
- Systems of Systems
- Cyberphysical Systems
- Through-Life Engineering Services.
ClientsClients have included:
- Abu Dhabi Electricity and Water Authority
- BAE Systems
- Defence Science and Technology Laboratories (DSTL)
- Lockheed Martin UK
- Ministry of Defence (MoD)
- Raytheon Systems
- Rolls Royce
Articles In Journals
- Ruiz Estebanez L, Shehab E, Sydor P, Mackley T, John P & Harrison A (2015) Enhancing service requirements of technical product-service systems, Procedia CIRP, 37 7-11.
- Ruiz Estébanez L, Shehab E, Sydor P, Mackley T, John P & Harrison A (2015) An integrated aerospace requirement setting and risk analysis tool for life cycle cost reduction and system design improvement, Procedia CIRP, 38 78-83.
- Tomas XC, Shehab E, Sydor P, Mackley T, John P & Harrison A (2014) An aerospace requirements setting model to improve system design, Procedia CIRP, 22 287-292.
- Mackley TC, Deane JR & John P (2010) Addressing the time dimension and agility in the provision of capability. In: 5th International Conference on System of Systems Engineering (SoSE), Loughborough, 22-24 June 2010.
- Mackley T, Barker S, John P & Deane J (2009) Developing agile systems for systems of systems in a network enabled environment. In: INCOSE 2009 : 19th Annual International Symposium of INCOSE & 3rd Asia-Pacific Conference on Systems Engineering, Republic of Singapore, 20 July 2009.
- Mackley T (2008) The Role of Lifecycle Systems in the Through-life Engineering of System Solutions. In: 18th International Conference, Annual International Symposium of the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE 2008) , Utrect, 15-19 June 2008.
- Kasser J & Mackley T (2008) Applying systems thinking and aligning it to systems engineering. In: 18th International Conference, Annual International Symposium of the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE 2008) , Utrect, 15 June 2008.