Contact Dr Haochen Liu
Areas of expertise
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Instrumentation, Sensors and Measurement Science
- Systems Engineering
- Throughlife Engineering Services
Dr Haochen Liu
received his PhD degree in 2018 from the Xi'an
Jiaotong University, China. He also has MSc and BEng
degrees from the Xi'an Jiaotong University. He joined in Cranfield
University in April 2019. His research activities focused on thermal problem FEM simulation analysis, infrared thermography
nondestructive testing & evaluation and corresponding applications in industry
Research interests, comprising:
- Railway Maintenance
- Robotic system command & control, sensing.
- Non-destructive testing & Evaluation system
- Thermal modelling and simulation
- Thermography imaging and processing
- Structure health monitoring and degradation analysis
Haochen Liu is a Research Fellow in industrial inspection in the Centre for Life-cycle Engineering and Management (CLEM). He is currently working on the project of Command and Control System for Robotic Inspection and Repair System (RIRS) railway demonstrator in IN2SMART2(GA\881574), Shift2Rail, European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. (2020-2022).
Experienced projects include:
- Prototype Development of A Real-time Electronic Counterfeit Batch Inspection Technique (RECBIT) project
- EPSRC Platform Grant: From Science to Instruments.
His research is related to automation inspection, automated inspection, autonomous systems, infrared thermography NDT system, thermal problem numerical simulation, image processing, degradation analysis, counterfeit screening for integrated components, infrastructures.
- Network Rail
- Lloyd's Register Foundation
Articles In Journals
- Liu H, Du W, Nezhad Hamed Y, Starr A & Zhao Y (2021) A dissection and enhancement technique for combined damage characterisation in composite laminates using laser-line scanning thermography, Composite Structures, 271 (September) Article No. 114168. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.14668968
- Qiu J, Pei C, Yang Y, Wang R, Liu H & Chen Z (2021) Remote measurement and shape reconstruction of surface-breaking fatigue cracks by laser-line thermography, International Journal of Fatigue, 142 (January) Article No. 105950.
- Du W, Liu H, Sirikham A, Addepalli S & Zhao Y (2020) A miniaturised active thermography system for in-situ inspections, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 53 (3) 66-71.
- Zhao Y, Liu H & Addepalli P (2020) A miniaturized active thermography system to inspect composite laminates, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 17 (5) 3314-3323.
- Liu H, Tinsley L, Lam W, Addepalli S, Liu X, Starr A & Zhao Y (2020) A novel inspection technique for electronic components using thermography (NITECT), Sensors, 20 (17) Article No. 5013.
- Qiu J, Pei C, Yang Y, Liu H & Chen X (2020) Laser array spots thermography for detection of cracks in curved structures, International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, 64 (1-4) 385-391.
- Tong Z, Xie S, Liu H, Zhang W, Pei C, Li Y, Chen Z, Uchimoto T & Takagi T (2020) An efficient electromagnetic and thermal modelling of eddy current pulsed thermography for quantitative evaluation of blade fatigue cracks in heavy-duty gas turbines, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 142 (August) Article No. 106781.
- Zhao Y, Liu H, Tinsley L, Addepalli P & Starr A (2020) Detectability evaluation of attributes anomaly for electronic components using pulsed thermography, Infrared Physics and Technology, 111 (December) Article No. 103513.
- Yang L, Yang T, Liu H, Shan X, Brighton J, Skrypchuk L, Mouzakitis A & Zhao Y (2020) A refined non-driving activity classification using a two-stream convolutional neural network, IEEE Sensors Journal, Available online 29 June 2020.
- Qiu J, Pei C, Liu H & Chen Z (2019) Detection of surface cracks by laser spot thermography at elevated temperature, International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, 59 (4) 1553-1559.
- Pei C, Liu H, Qiu J, Liu T & Chen Z (2019) Progress on the ultrasonic testing and laser thermography techniques for NDT of tokamak plasma-facing components, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics Letters, 9 (3) 180-187.
- Liu H, Pei C, Xie S, Li Y, Zhao Y & Chen Z (2019) Inversion technique for quantitative infrared thermography evaluation of delamination defects in multilayered structures, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Available online 31 October (7).
- Liu H, Xie S, Pei C, Qiu J, Li Y & Chen Z (2018) Development of a fast numerical simulator for infrared thermography testing signals of delamination defect in a multilayered plate, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 14 (12) 5544-5552.
- Liu H, Pei C, Qiu J & Chen Z (2018) Inspection of delamination defect in first wall panel of Tokamak device by using laser infrared thermography technique, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, 46 (7) 2699-2707.
- Qiu J, Pei C, Liu H, Chen Z & Demachi K (2017) Remote inspection of surface cracks in metallic structures with fiber-guided laser array spots thermography, NDT & E International, 92 (December) 213-220.
- Qiu J, Pei C, Liu H & Chen Z (2017) Quantitative evaluation of surface crack depth with laser spot thermography, International Journal of Fatigue, 101 (1) 80-85.
- Liu H, Xie S, Pei C & Chen Z (2016) Numerical simulation method for IR thermography NDE of delamination defect in multilayered plate, International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, 52 (1-2) 381-389.
- Pei C, Qiu J, Liu H & Chen Z (2016) Simulation of surface cracks measurement in first walls by laser spot array thermography, Fusion Engineering and Design, 109-111 (Part B) 1237-1241.