Contact Dr Haochen Liu
Areas of expertise
- Throughlife Engineering Services
Dr Haochen Liu
received his PhD degree in 2018 from the Xi'an
Jiaotong University, China. He also has MSc and BEng
degrees from the Xi'an Jiaotong University. He joined in Cranfield
University in April 2019. His research activities focused on thermal problem FEM simulation analysis, infrared thermography
nondestructive testing & evaluation and corresponding applications in industry
Research interests, comprising:
- Non-destructive testing & Evaluation
- Thermal transfer problem modelling and simulation
- Thermography imaging and processing
- Structure safety, integrity assessment and degradation analysis
Haochen Liu is a Research Fellow in industrial inspection in the School of
Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing at Cranfield University. He is currently working on RECBIT (Prototype Development of A Real-time Electronic Counterfeit Batch Inspection Technique ) project and EPSRC Platform Grant: From
Science to Instruments. His
research is related to infrared thermography NDT, numerical simulation, thermal image processing and degradation
analysis for industrial components, infrastructures.
Articles In Journals
- Liu H, Tinsley L, Lam W, Addepalli S, Liu X, Starr A & Zhao Y (2020) A novel inspection technique for electronic components using thermography (NITECT), Sensors, 20 (17) Article No. 5013.
- Tong Z, Xie S, Liu H, Zhang W, Pei C, Li Y, Chen Z, Uchimoto T & Takagi T (2020) An efficient electromagnetic and thermal modelling of eddy current pulsed thermography for quantitative evaluation of blade fatigue cracks in heavy-duty gas turbines, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 142 (August) Article No. 106781.
- Yang L, Yang T, Liu H, Shan X, Brighton J, Skrypchuk L, Mouzakitis A & Zhao Y (2020) A refined non-driving activity classification using a two-stream convolutional neural network, IEEE Sensors Journal, Available online 29 June 2020.
- Qiu J, Pei C, Liu H & Chen Z (2019) Detection of surface cracks by laser spot thermography at elevated temperature, International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, 59 (4) 1553-1559.
- Pei C, Liu H, Qiu J, Liu T & Chen Z (2019) Progress on the ultrasonic testing and laser thermography techniques for NDT of tokamak plasma-facing components, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics Letters, 9 (3) 180-187.
- Liu H, Pei C, Xie S, Li Y, Zhao Y & Chen Z (2019) Inversion technique for quantitative infrared thermography evaluation of delamination defects in multilayered structures, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Available online 31 October (7).
- Liu H, Xie S, Pei C, Qiu J, Li Y & Chen Z (2018) Development of a fast numerical simulator for infrared thermography testing signals of delamination defect in a multilayered plate, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 14 (12) 5544-5552.
- Liu H, Pei C, Qiu J & Chen Z (2018) Inspection of delamination defect in first wall panel of Tokamak device by using laser infrared thermography technique, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, 46 (7) 2699-2707.
- Qiu J, Pei C, Liu H, Chen Z & Demachi K (2017) Remote inspection of surface cracks in metallic structures with fiber-guided laser array spots thermography, NDT and E International, 92 (December) 213-220.
- Qiu J, Pei C, Liu H & Chen Z (2017) Quantitative evaluation of surface crack depth with laser spot thermography, International Journal of Fatigue, 101 (1) 80-85.
- Liu H, Xie S, Pei C & Chen Z (2016) Numerical simulation method for IR thermography NDE of delamination defect in multilayered plate, International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, 52 (1-2) 381-389.
- Pei C, Qiu J, Liu H & Chen Z (2016) Simulation of surface cracks measurement in first walls by laser spot array thermography, Fusion Engineering and Design, 109-111 (Part B) 1237-1241.