Areas of expertise
- Plants and microbes
Articles In Journals
- Hudek C, Barni E, Stanchi S, D’Amico M, Pintaldi E & Freppaz M (2020) Mid and long-term ecological impacts of ski run construction on alpine ecosystems, Scientific Reports, 10 (1) Article No. 11654.
- Centenaro G, Hudek C, Zanella A & Crivellaro A (2017) Root-soil physical and biotic interactions with a focus on tree root systems: A review, Applied Soil Ecology, In press.
- Hudek C, Sturrock C, Atkinson B, Stanchi S & Freppaz M (2017) Root morphology and biomechanical characteristics of high altitude alpine plant species and their potential application in soil stabilization, Ecological Engineering, 109 228-239.
- Pintaldi E, Hudek C, Stanchi S, Spiegelberger T, Rivella E & Freppaz M (2017) Sustainable soil management in ski areas: Threats and challenges, Sustainability, 9 (11) Article No. 2150.
- Hudek C, Stanchi S, D’Amico M & Freppaz M (2017) Quantifying the contribution of the root system of alpine vegetation in the soil aggregate stability of moraine, International Soil and Water Conservation Research, 5 (1) 36-42.
- Hudek C, Sterk G, van Beek R & de Jong S (2014) Modelling soil erosion reduction by mahonia aquifolium on hillslopes in hungary: The impact of soil stabilization by roots, CATENA, 122 159-169.
- Burylo M, Hudek C & Rey F (2011) Soil reinforcement by the roots of six dominant species on eroded mountainous marly slopes (Southern Alps, France), CATENA, 84 (1-2) 70-78.
- Hudek C, Burylo M & Rey F (2010) Root system traits of Mahonia aquifolium and its potential use in soil reinforcement in mountain horticultural practices, Scientia Horticulturae, 125 (3) 504-511.
- Hudek C & Rey F (2009) Studying the effects of Mahonia Aquifolium populations on small-scale mountain agro-ecosystems in Hungary with the view to minimise land degradation, Land Degradation and Development, 20 (3) 252-260.