The Leathersellers' Company awards University Grants (Exhibitions) of up to £5,000 a year, to study for a full-time degree at any UK university.Read more Read less
The Leathersellers' Company is one of the ancient livery companies of the City of London, ranked 15th in the order of precedence. It was founded by Royal Charter in 1444 with authority to control the sale of leather within the city. The company no longer has this regulatory role, and instead devotes its energies to support for charity, education and the British leather trade.
At a glance
- Funding valueUp to £5,000 annually
- Suitable for Applicants fromUK
- DeadlineOn going
- Funding provider(s)The Leathersellers' Company
What it covers
The maximum value of an award is £5,000 to assist with the cost of study.
Who can apply
- Any UK student enrolled on any full-time degree course at a UK university can apply.
- Any UK student with an unconditional offer for a full-time degree course at a UK university may apply.
- Priority may sometimes be given to exceptional students from the Greater London area.
- Funding will not be given in support of one-year professional conversion courses.
This funding opportunity is applicable to many courses, please see the 'Who can apply' section for more information.
Guidance for making a good application:
- You should put forward a strong case both academically and in terms of personal circumstance as to why you feel you should be considered for an award;
- You should be able to demonstrate that you are making every effort to apply for and raise funds to cover your course costs and living expenses, such as applying for other grants and loans, working part-time or getting help from your family if possible;
- You should be able to explain how your chosen course will enable you to further your career path and gain employment;
- Applications are particularly welcomed from students of engineering or subjects connected with the leather trade;
- Applications are also welcomed from graduates and undergraduates who express an intention to take Holy Orders.
How to apply
Application is via the online form only. Please visit the Leathersellers' Company website to find out when applications will open and to apply online.