This short course introduces concepts and methodologies of project and programme management in the implementation of enterprise systems.
At a glance
- 21 - 25 Jan 2019
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£1400 Concessions available
What you will learn
On successful completion of this short course you will be able:
- To understand the nature of project and programme management
- To appreciate the recognised approaches to project and programme management
- To understand project complexity and risk
- To understand characteristics of IT projects
- To appreciate the dynamics of project execution
- To understand the basic concepts of project and programme management
- To understand the tools and techniques required to manage a successful project implementation
- To understand common approaches to project and programme management
- To understand the characteristics of IT projects
- To explain the issues surrounding the management of risk
- To appreciate the complexity in project execution.
- Project and programme management
- PM tools and techniques
- IT project management
- An introduction to Prince 2
- An introduction to managing successful programmes
- Project complexity and risk
- Project management simulation
- IT project readiness
- Organisation and people issues.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Cranfield credits are available for this short course which you can put towards selected Cranfield degrees. Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
Business and project managers or those involved in business projects.
Dr Ip-Shing Fan
Concessions20% discount for Cranfield alumni, 10% discount for colleagues of alumni
£1340 - Professional/trade association discount
£1280 - Multiple bookings*
*Minimum of five delegates
This course is non-residential. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information about our on campus accommodation can be found here. Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
How to apply
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.