This course will enable you to detect and prevent system intrusion, improve defence against targeted attacks and incident response, master advanced data mining techniques to identify cyber threats to cyber-physical systems.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield Campus
Course structureA mixture of lectures, industry seminars and group presentations
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module you will be able to:
- Appraise data mining techniques for data-driving cyber-security
- Analyse security tolerance in complex systems
- Analyse abnormality from data sets produced by manufacturing systems
- Propose solutions for system authentication
- Develop data mining models for data-driven cybersecurity, particularly risk assessment, threat identification, and trust evaluation of products and services
- implement the developed models with data mining techniques toolboxes and function in MatLab
- Evaluate the performance of the developed models.
- Concepts of data mining technology
- Decision trees for classification problems
- Social network analysis and complex system
- Optimisation with metaheuristic and genetic algorithms
- Neural networks
- Support vector machines
- Clustering algorithms for cybersecurity
- Data mining technique toolboxes and functions in MatLab
- Spam detection
- Trust/risk assessment
- System abnormality analysis and attack detection
- Multi-modality authentication
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Who should attend
The course is welcome to anyone (graduates or professionals) who are working/will work in any organisations and enterprises, whose work is/will be closely related to data produced by systems or network services, which are facing the security threats from the internet. The course will help them master advanced data mining techniques to identify security threats, and reduce possible economic loss caused by cyber-attacks.
Accommodation options and pricesThis course is non-residential. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information about our on campus accommodation can be found here. Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Location addressCranfield University
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.