This short course will provide you with an understanding of the basics of cost engineering including the data requirements for realistic cost estimation.
At a glance
- Duration3 days
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£860 Concessions available
Course structureExtensive use is made of case studies and ‘hands-on’ use of state-of-the-art industry standard cost-engineering software within the recently opened COST STUDIO®. Delegates will be offered membership to ‘Cost 360’, which provides free on-going post-training support through access to resources within the COST STUDIO®
What you will learn
On successful completion of this short course you will:
- Understand cost engineering/estimating concepts
- Gain knowledge of data sources and work breakdown structures
- Gain the ability to use software for cost engineering
- Be able to model cost estimates for assessing the impact of risk
- Gain the ability to collect, organise and evaluate data for developing cost estimates
- Be able to organise estimates.
- Introduction to the oil and gas industry
- Hands-on training for developing cost estimates
- Parametric estimating tools
- Cost control
- Use of cost engineering software
- Whole lifecycle cost
- Risk and uncertainty.
Who should attend
Suitable for engineers and cost estimators from the oil and gas industry involved in estimating and bidding for business. Aims to provide an understanding of the basics of cost engineering including the data requirements for realistic cost estimation.
- Dr Essam Shehab - Reader in Product and Service Engineering
- Dr Paul Baguley
Industry speakers from various organisations will contribute to the course.
Concessions20% discount for Cranfield alumni
10% discount for colleagues of alumni
Accommodation options and prices
This course is non-residential. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information about our on campus accommodation can be found here. Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.