This short course will provide an understanding of the impact of engineering on the cost of a product.
Read more Read less
At a glance
- Duration3 days
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£860. Concessions available
What you will learn
On successful completion of this short course you will gain:
- Understanding of cost engineering/estimating concepts
- Understanding of economic manufacture, value for money, and affordable product and service development
- Knowledge of different costing concepts, and how to achieve cost savings
- Ability to model cost estimates for assessing the impact of risk
- Ability to collect, organise and evaluate data for developing cost estimates.
- Introduction to cost engineering fundamentals and procedures
- The importance of cost as a business driver
- Data requirements for realistic cost estimation
- Hands-on training in the development of cost estimates
- Types of design and manufacturing costs
- How to achieve cost savings when manufacturing products
- Risk and uncertainty in cost engineering.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Who should attend
- New Cost Estimators from all industry sectors.
- Dr Essam Shehab
- Dr Paul Baguley
Concessions20% discount for Cranfield alumni, 10% discount for colleagues of alumni
Accommodation options and prices
This course is non-residential. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information about our on campus accommodation can be found here. Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.