The world is becoming increasingly urbanised, with towns becoming cities and some cities becoming mega-cities. Read more Read less
At a glance
- Duration2 days
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£580. Concessions available
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you will gain:
- Comprehension of the growing opportunity of urbanisation from multiple perspectives
- Knowledge of the current developments in understanding Human, Social, Financial, Built, and Natural Capitals in the urban environment
- Understanding of how contemporary methods of assessing the status of urban condition are carried out and their limitations
- Awareness of the tools available to support decision making for improving the sustainability of urban systems (of systems)
- Realisation of the role of residents, workers and transient communities as active participants in the co-evolution of city systems and in shaping city valorisation
- Insight into the conceptual frameworks and current work aimed at integrating management of grey-green-blue infrastructure in urban systems
- Alertness to the iterative, dynamic nature of cities, their identity and attractiveness in a mobility population
- Awareness of aspirational targets for future cities, such as low emission, smart and resilient systems.
Who should attend
- Planning Consultants
- Investors and Local Government Planners
- Sustainability Officers
Concessions(20% discount for Cranfield alumni, 10% discount for colleagues of alumni)
£550 - Professional/trade association discount
£530 - Multiple bookings**Minimum of 5 delegates
Accommodation options and prices
Accommodation is available at Mitchell Hall which is located on campus. All rooms are en-suite and bookings are on a half-board basis from Sunday to Friday. If you would like to book accommodation for this short course at Mitchell Hall, please indicate this on the registration form and we will arrange this for you.
Alternatively, you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Location addressCranfield University
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.