Building on the fundamental understanding of the available renewable energy technologies, it is important to understand the in-depth operating principles, development and small/large scale systems of the main renewable energy generation technologies. Read more Read less
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield Campus
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- Discuss the concept of an energy system with regards to demand management, managing intermittency and smart grids;
- Describe and explain the main renewable energy systems and critically discuss how these differ to the conventional energy mix and the challenges with moving towards a low carbon energy future
- Critically analyse how different renewable energy technologies will co-exist to form a national resilient energy system
- The current energy demand and methods of managing changing demand patterns, including the use of smart metering and smart grids;
- Energy Storage (fundamentals of Chemical, Biological, Electrochemical, Electrical, Mechanical and Thermal Storage- link to energy generation technology);
- The concept of a resilient energy system made up of a broad range of renewable energy technologies.
Dr Giuseppina Di Lorenzo
Accommodation options and prices
Fees include tuition, course materials and full board accommodation for the duration of the programme.
Accommodation is available at Mitchell Hall which is located on campus. All rooms are en-suite and bookings are on a half-board basis. If you would like to book accommodation for this short course at Mitchell Hall, please indicate this on the registration form and we will arrange this for you.
Alternatively, you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Location addressCranfield University
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.