This course will give you a basic introduction to industry prototyping design processes. You will appreciate the importance of 'good' practice in requirements engineering especially at the early stages of new product development. Read more Read less
As well as being able to gain hands on experience by using professional software, you will discuss the roles of consumer research, benchmarking and management in successful new product development.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield Campus
- CostTo be advised
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of good practice in requirements engineering at the early stages of new product development
- Consider and write design requirements
- Understand industrial challenges in requirements management for a complex new product development
- Appreciate the role of consumer research, ideation practices, and concept benchmarking
- Be aware of how creativity and innovation impact new product development
- Write requirements in a structured manner, considering industry best practice
- Understand the role of users in the design process.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
This course is part of an MDes module. Participants can accumulate credits towards a postgraduate qualification.
Who should attend
Creative individuals who are interested in new product development.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.