Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
To practically apply learning from the International Heritage Crime module to a real time, operational environment with the added difficulties of the international component.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£1,750 Concessions available
What you will learn
- • Identify agencies involved in a international heritage crime operation,
• Critically assess priorities for actions,
• Select appropriate courses of action and appraise their success,
• Create briefs for senior officials,
• Respond to changing circumstances and judge new intelligence leads,
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the overall strategy in the exercise,
• Review and investigate other courses of action and assess their applicability.
This is a 'wargame' or exercise environment in which students take the role of one of the key people advising and commenting on a UK based operation. It draws heavily on the content of the International Heritage Crime module, but teaches and examines other skills including:
• Dealing with complex scenarios,
• Limited and asymmetric intelligence,
• Rapid changing situations,
• Lethal and semi-lethal threats to personnel,
• Conducting and responding to briefings
Upgrade to a professional qualification
This course will be taught at Masters standard as it is one of the modules that comprise the postgraduate Forensic Modular Masters Programme. Registering for this Short Course for Credit and successfully passing the associated assessment will gain you 10 Cranfield credits. These could then be used to apply for a transfer towards a PgCert/PgDip or MSc in the Forensic Programme should you wish to complete one of these courses within 5 years.
Sponsored by company - £1,750
Individual (anyone paying for themselves to attend) - £875
Alumni/Current Student - £435
Accommodation options and pricesPlease contact us for information regarding accommodation.
Location and travel
Situated close to Milton Keynes and Bedford, the Cranfield campus is situated in Wharley End, very close to Cranfield village, and is about 10 minutes from the M1 motorway. There is rail and road access to most major airports as well as coach and train stations. Cranfield campus also has its own airport for private executive business travel.
Download a visitor guide including map, directions and health and safety information.
How to apply
To apply for this course please use the online application form.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.