The Capability and Acquisition Series is a practitioner level course providing you with an understanding of how UK MOD undertakes the end to end process of sourcing and supporting new and existing military capability. The course will provide you with the practitioner level skills (with relevant experience) to undertake the task.Capability and Acquisition Requirements Management is a short course from the Capability and Acquisition Series. The aim of the course is to develop the knowledge and understanding needed to undertake the role of a Requirements Manager. This course is suitable for personnel from Front Line Commands (FLCs) and enabling organisations including DE&S and Defence Digital who have a role as a Requirements Manager. This training should facilitate progression to practitioner-level and focus on the understanding, tools, techniques and principles on how to develop, deliver, test, analyse, document, communicate and manage a coherent and robust requirement set, which are an essential element of delivering military capability to the frontline commands.
At a glance
- 26 Feb - 01 Mar 2024
- 08 - 12 Apr 2024
- 20 - 24 May 2024
- 22 - 26 Jul 2024
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
- Cost£1,925 Concessions available
What you will learn
This module will enable you to analyse and evaluate:
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Requirements Manager (RM)
- Overview of the Requirements Process
- Use of CADMID as the framework to understand the requirements process using a conceptual capability (i.e. protected mobility vehicle) to understand the process.
- Concept Phase activities
- Understanding stakeholder engagement – FLCs, DSTL, Industry, DE&S etc.
- RM lifecycle – through life capability management
- User requirements and Front Line Commands
- Writing requirements
- Assessment phase activities
- Working with industry
- Systems requirements
- V&V preparation and artifacts
- Development and manufacture phase activities
- Monitoring progress, decision making, trade offs
- Integration, V&V, acceptance
- In-Service phase activities
- Mid-life updates
- Capability repurposing
- Disposal/recycle – including circular supply chains and sustainability
Who should attend
This course is a prerequisite for a number of military posts and is suitable for the following type(s) of applicant.
- MoD Military
- MoD Civil Servants
- Other government departments (OGDs)
If you are MoD military or a civil servant, the course will provide you with the key skills needed to undertake a job in the capability and acquisition arena.
If you are an international student or from industry, the course will provide you with a working understanding of the process and lexicon the UK MOD use in the Capability and Acquisition arena.
This course is free to MoD personnel. Non-MoD personnel are welcome to apply and are subject to the specified cost.
Before you attend, please read ‘Fundamentals on the DLE’ which can be found on the DLE at https://dle.ice.mod.gov.uk/course/view.php?id=23664.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.