The breadth and depth of management knowledge and experience gained on the Cranfield General Management Programme helps functional and specialist managers to inspire and drive change across the business. Read more Read less
The programme supports this transition to cross-functional leadership, preparing you for a general management role, thereby enhancing your delivery of successful business initiatives.
The challenge for those working across organisational activities is the need to work effectively with different perspectives and priorities. The Cranfield General Management Programme provides a unique insight into this because it is specifically designed around the diverse 'live' issues brought to the programme by each participant. This enables you to work on your own challenges and explore different perspectives and business models in a supporting environment that cannot be replicated at work.
“By addressing your own cross functional business issues on the programme you will be using your time at Cranfield on work and not time away from work”.
Dr Veronica Burke, Programme Director
At a glance
- 19 Nov 2018
- 18 Mar 2019
- Duration3.5, 4.5, 3 + 1 day review after 6mths
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£14,600 + VAT
The programme modules run on the following dates:
|Module||November 18 Programme
||March 19 Programme
|1||19 - 22 November 2018
||18 - 22 March 2019
|2||21 - 25 January 2019||29 April - 3 May 2019
|3||25 - 28 February 2019||10 - 12 June 2019|
|4||20 September 2019
||January 2020 (date TBC)|
What you will learn
You will leave the programme with:
- Greater ability to understand the strategic issues facing your business
- The capability to ensure your role and function adds maximum value to the strategy of the business
- A clear picture of your leadership profile and how you can support strategic change across the business
- Skills to help you to be more influential, up and across the business
- Preparation for wider leadership roles
The Cranfield General Management Programme is a development experience that opens up new possibilities for managers with specialist or functional expertise. They discover how a general management perspective will ensure they add maximum value across the business and will prepare them for more senior roles.
There are four modules:
- Understanding your business model
- Influencing your business model
- The transition to cross functional leadership
- Continuing development review
Find out more about the programme structure
- The capabilities to inspire and implement substantial improvement across the business
- Understanding of ‘big picture’ strategic issues facing your business and how the business may need to develop to meet these
- Enhanced understanding of your leadership profile, enabling you to work far more effectively with senior managers and leaders outside your own area of expertise
- The ability to develop a more questioning approach to organisational practices
- Preparation for wider leadership roles
- The opportunity for you to assess your progress over a 12 month period.
Who should attend
Aspiring managers responsible for organisational activities or functions needing to broaden their business contribution or prepare for more senior roles.
Discover our free Taster Events where you can reflect on your leadership development with the Cranfield General Management Development team.
Read more details on a typical participant profile and the companies who have attended.
Making the case for your development
We want to ensure your application for the programme goes as smoothly as possible and can offer help in various ways.
For further details on how we can support your application, please email Sara Shakespeare or call +44(0)1234 754569.
"Since the programme I have been able to concentrate on other areas of the company and take time to develop clients, which has opened up new areas and sectors."
Nigel Hughes, Operations Director, G2Energy Ltd
"The programme was a unique opportunity to take a step back, think about different perspectives and evaluate how I operate now and in the future."
Greg Clements, Strategic Lead, Sport England
"In essence I found the programme inspirational, if you want to develop as a leader I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it."
Kevin Read, Site General Manager, Dairy Crest
Read more about past participants' experience of the Cranfield General Management Programme.
Accommodation options and prices
Fees include tuition, course materials and full board accommodation for the duration of the programme.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University