The breadth and depth of management knowledge and experience gained on the Cranfield General Management Programme helps functional and specialist managers to inspire and drive change across the business. Read more Read less
The programme supports this transition to cross-functional leadership, preparing you for a general management role, thereby enhancing your delivery of successful business initiatives.
The challenge for those working across organisational activities is the need to work effectively with different perspectives and priorities. The Cranfield General Management Programme provides a unique insight into this because it is specifically designed around the diverse 'live' issues brought to the programme by each participant. This enables you to work on your own challenges and explore different perspectives and business models in a supporting environment that cannot be replicated at work.
“By addressing your own cross functional business issues on the programme you will be using your time at Cranfield on work and not time away from work”.
Dr Martin Clarke, Programme Director
At a glance
- 20 Mar 2017
- 05 Jun 2017
- 20 Nov 2017
- Duration3.5, 4.5, 3 + 1 day review after 6mths
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£14,600 + VAT
The programme modules run on the following dates:
|Module||March 17 Programme||June 17 Programme
||November 17 Programme
|1||20 - 23 March 2017||5 - 8 June 2017
||20 - 23 November 2017
|2||8 - 12 May 2017||10 - 14 July 2017||Date to be confirmed|
|3||19 - 21 June 2017||4 - 6 September 2017||Date to be confirmed|
|4||Date to be confirmed||Date to be confirmed
||Date to be confirmed|
What you will learn
You will leave the programme with:
- Greater ability to understand the strategic issues facing your business
- The capability to ensure your role and function adds maximum value to the strategy of the business
- A clear picture of your leadership profile and how you can support strategic change across the business
- Skills to help you to be more influential, up and across the business
- Preparation for wider leadership roles
The Cranfield General Management Programme is a development experience that opens up new possibilities for managers with specialist or functional expertise. They discover how a general management perspective will ensure they add maximum value across the business and will prepare them for more senior roles.
StructureThere are four modules:
- Understanding your business model
- Influencing your business model
- The transition to cross functional leadership
- Continuing development review
Find out more about the programme structure
- The capabilities to inspire and implement substantial improvement across the business
- Understanding of ‘big picture’ strategic issues facing your business and how the business may need to develop to meet these
- Enhanced understanding of your leadership profile, enabling you to work far more effectively with senior managers and leaders outside your own area of expertise
- The ability to develop a more questioning approach to organisational practices
- Preparation for wider leadership roles
- The opportunity for you to assess your progress over a 12 month period.
Who should attend
Aspiring managers responsible for organisational activities or functions needing to broaden their business contribution or prepare for more senior roles.
Discover our free Taster Events where you can reflect on your leadership development with the Cranfield General Management Development team.Read more details on a typical participant profile and the companies who have attended.
"In essence I found the programme inspirational, if you want to develop as a leader I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it."
Kevin Read, Site General Manager, Dairy Crest.
Read more about Kevin Read's experience of the Cranfield General Management Programme.
Accommodation options and prices
Fees include tuition, course materials and full board accommodation for the duration of the programme.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University